EF Tech Summer Internship - Europe
Spend eight weeks in London, Lucerne, Shanghai or Boston with EF Labs.
Create groundbreaking digital learning systems used by millions of people.
EF Tech Summer Internship
EF Labs is EF’s global research and development unit charged with using new technologies to create a fundamentally faster and better way for students to learn. We are looking for people who can help us ask and solve fundamental questions that impact the way we learn.
Joining EF Labs means you’ll be at the heart of developing products that transform the lives of millions of children, teens, adults as well as corporations. Each chosen candidate will be paired with a mentor to work on a focused effort to launch a new feature or product within the EF digital learning ecosystem. Candidates will be expected to work on a diverse range of things, following the initiative from ideation through to launch. Whether you are coding in Java, planning delivery milestones, working with UX design, mobile apps or evangelizing internal stakeholders, you will be part of an international team of the world’s best coders, designers and user experience researchers, learning every step of the development process.
Some examples of past project areas are:
- Upgrading our speech recognition engine to better recognize and diagnose speech patterns
- Developing a simple smartphone app that uses specific behavioral data from students to create an adaptive memorization algorithm
- Embedding WebRTC components into a tablet application to power our next generation virtual classroom service
We’re looking for:
- An innovative student with an eye for detail and a heart for the big picture
- A fourth or final year of your masters student or a graduate
- A student of computer science with excellent grades
- Someone with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding and systems design, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems
To apply to EF summer tech internship, submit a CV and cover letter no later than February 20, 2017. The duration of the internship will be eight weeks beginning in June 2017.
Positions available in London, Lucerne, Shanghai and Boston
EF Education First is the world leader in international education, an industry currently worth USD50 billion and growing by almost 30 percent each year. We operate over 500 schools and offices in more than 50 countries, and work with a network of over 43,000 staff. Since 1965, we have been opening the world through education. Our mission (and passion) is helping millions of people learn languages, discover the world, and earn academic degrees.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top