Educational Tour Consultant, Outside Sales
Area Manager, Outside Sales
EF Explore America
San Francisco, CA
This is a work-from-home position in the Greater San Francisco area.
For the past 50 years, EF Education First has been the world’s leader in educational travel. In our domestic division, Explore America, we offer domestic travel opportunities to middle school and high school students across the United States.
As an Area Manager in Outside sales you are the driving force behind growing our business of K-12 schools across your designated territory. Your role is to partner with teachers and administrators to develop annual domestic travel programs in target schools. Partnering with an inside counterpart, your day to day will include prospecting through outbound phone calls, in person meetings, assisting with parent presentations, developing the sales strategy for your region, and most importantly, taking down the competition.
- Bold and brave – you demonstrate a true entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to adapt quickly and an embrace change
- Tenacious in all aspects of life and understand how to get the job done
- Nothing is impossible attitude
- An influencer - builds strong relationships and loves talking to people
- Resourceful - always thinking of creative approaches
- A team player with a drive to see your peers succeed
- Positive attitude - even under pressure
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and autonomously
- Ambitious - relentless in your pursuit of meeting and exceeding goals
- Develop and execute long term sales strategy by mapping out competitive terrain and forging partnership with teachers, school district officials and administrators
- Drive market growth through customer retention and developing new business via face-to-face customer interaction
- Achieve weekly meeting metrics with aggressive self-lead generation through referrals and high-volume phone and in person sales
- Remote collaboration with sales support team and other departments
- Daily and weekly database management of sales activity
- Accurate weekly forecasting of projected regional growth
- Host networking functions and events
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven track record of success in sales with 3+ years of experience focusing on new business development and/or account management
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights or weekends as needed
- Must be based in Greater Bay Area
- Exceptional presentation and public speaking skills
- Immediate ability to execute a prospecting plan with weekly updates to management team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Travel is required - must be able to drive and own a car
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office applications including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top