Director of Studies - Xiamen
Director of Studies
Title: Director of Studies (DoS)
Location:EF Kids & Teens Franchise Xiamen
The Director of Studies works alongside Sales and Service teams to ensure the academic integrity of language programmes run at EF centres and the development of their centre as a unit. This is done by the careful management and development of a teaching team and adherence to operational performance indicators such as production efficiency, staff and student retention and customer satisfaction.
From beaches, temples and offshore islands to the thriving night scene of Zhong Shan Road, there is so much to see and do on your days off!
The southern coast of the island is a continuous beach lined with palm trees and dotted with bike stands, kite surfing shacks and snack bars. The beach is a popular place for socializing, riding 3-seater bikes and flying kites.
Xiamen boasts a large selection of parks and gardens, each very expansive, exotic and peaceful. They are great for a quick wander during your breaks or a few hours’ hike in your spare time!
Endless shopping malls featuring western brands, cinemas and arcades are never without a McDonald's and stand in stark contract against distant mountain peaks and temples.
Job Description (Summary)
- Communication – The DoS will be required to have a full understanding of the different staff members working for EF and have a strong awareness of customer requirements. The DoS will also be responsible for communicating with regional management and also conducting weekly teachers meetings and training sessions.
- Scheduling and Teacher Utility – The DoS will be required to manage the schedule of the compete acadmic team, keeping it fair and balanced, as well as allowing for the opening of new classes. The DoS will also need to understand how average class/group size and teacher efficiency effect the centre.
- Continuous Professional Development – The DoS will take an active role in the development of all members of the academic team, observing teachers and giving feedback on a regular basis as well as facilitating training sessions and encouraging professional development within the team.
- Academic Administration – The DoS must be familiar with the EF Employment contract and ensure that teachers complete all Academic Administration tasks in a timely fashion. The DoS must also complete and send monthly reports to the regional support team based on these duties.
- EF Labs for Kids and Teens Support – The DoS must pro-actively monitor the effectiveness of the EF products and provide appropriate feedback through established channels.
- Facilities and Resources – The DoS must train teachers to be sensible with resource management and ensure that the school has an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Classroom Teaching – The DoS must teach the EF Courses to the highest standards using a variety of motivating techniques and must always be looking to develop and update skills.
Job Qualities, Skills and Qualifications
- Driven, proactive and ambitious
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Friendly, approachable, supportive and fair
- Committed to continuing professional development (self and staff)
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to change
- Professional and of smart appearance
- Strong communication skills
- Business and service minded
- Computer literate (Proficient in MS Office Package)
- Evidence of committal to professional development
- Previous supervisory experience, preferably in an educational environment
- College/University graduate
- A recognized TEFL qualification
- A minimum of 3 years EFL teaching experience
- Trinity CTESOL or Cambridge CELTA (Preferred)
- Diploma level EFL teaching qualification and/or Masters in TEFL or related subject
- Experienced in teaching all age groups offered at EF Kids (3-18 years old students)
- Previous management experience in multicultural environments (preferably Asia/China)
Back to top