Director of Studies
Education First is looking for a new Director of Studies to join new and first school in Portugal - Lisbon. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a completely new team and market for the world’s biggest educational company. We are looking for someone with a hands-on mentality who wants to help with starting up and building this new market, but also sees this as a start of a new international career opportunity.
This position is responsible for managing the education services in the center and is therefore the right hand of our School Director. Our Director of Studies leads, manages and oversees the quality and quantity of education services so as to provide students and potential students with a consistent industry leading experience. This is achieved by actively working together with all center staff (teachers, activity- and accommodation manager and and interns) and promoting and ensuring exemplary service through a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and support at all times. As well as being an exemplary teacher you will be managing a small team of teachers.
- Teaching classes depending on center needs
- Conducting all necessary human resource and administrative duties
- Scheduling classes
- Inducting new teachers
- Developing all center staff through regular training, coaching and feedback from observations.
- Conducting performance reviews and helping teachers set SMART goals to aid their development
- Supporting sales with demo classes and student placement tests
- Working at a regional level to pilot and develop new products and materials
- Being available to participate in social- and marketing activities in and around the school
- Being available to help with the intake of new students upon arrival and preparation of graduation events
- EU passport holder or legal right to work in Portugal
- University degree
- 3+ years teaching experience
- 2+ years teaching experience of Portuguese to foreigners (preferred)
What we offer
- A full time position. Starting October 2018.
- A start of your career within the biggest international education company around the world
- A new, energetic team with a lot of potential for growth and entrepreneurship
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top