Director of Software
Director of Software
Go Ahead Tours
EF Education First is a world leader in international education. We have the resources and knowledge of a large global company but operate with the speed and mentality of a startup. We are looking for a creative and driven senior technical leader who has experience building and architecting enterprise web applications.
Go Ahead Tours is GROWING!
We are looking for a Director of Software to join our growing customer facing development team.
The successful candidate:
- Has a passion for developing and architecting websites and web services with the latest, modern techniques
- An ideal candidate has good communication skills and likes to be in a coach/mentor position.
- Must be a team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication
- Has a drive for excellence in his/her work, is highly organized, detailed-oriented, thorough, and follows through on commitments
- Professional experience with modern Microsoft Stack.
- Experience and interest in Domain Driven Design, Unit Testing, Inversion of Control, and Agile Development.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented concepts
- Experience with a microservice architecture is a plus
- A solid understanding of web standards and best practices for usability, maintainability, and testability
- Strategic manager with strong operational, project management and technical architecture skills
- Ability to excel within a moderately fast paced environment with a flat organizational structure
- Experienced in managing highly skilled senior engineers/architects
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
Go Ahead Tours offers industry-leading guided group tours to destinations that span all seven continents. For more information, visit www.goaheadtours.com.
Go Ahead Tours is a division of EF Education First. Founded in 1965 by entrepreneur Bertil Hult, EF is a privately-held company with 15 divisions that offer a range of educational programs from language training, educational travel, and academic degrees to cultural exchanges. With a mission to open the world through education, EF has helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world. For more information, visit
About EF Education First
EF stands for “Education First”. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people transform their lives by opening the world through education. Today we’re the world’s largest private education company offering every imaginable way to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture, or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit http://www.ef.com/careers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top