Director of Product Development, Online Classroom
As global leaders in EdTech we are dedicated to innovative uses of technology to enhance the learning of English. This is a senior product management role responsible for key areas of our online English learning products.
Responsibilities include writing requirements for new products and features, product feature design, overseeing product development and delivery through the full product lifecycle, and evaluating the success of these initiatives. This is a high-profile position that offers the opportunity to develop a lot of exciting new products, many of which will be at the cutting edge of language learning technology.
Candidate should have thorough knowledge of the product management process and possess experience in software product design, development and delivery. Desirable experience includes: software product management, project management, agile development, management of small teams, e-learning, and web-based products.
Check out our office in Shanghai here; http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzc5OTUwNjU2.html
- Own the product roadmap and pipeline for the online classroom product
- Understand customer requirements, define the product features, roadmap, vet with internal stakeholders, and ensure business impact and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Lead cross-functional teams of developers, academics, and designers to build cutting-edge products
- Write product requirements documents and specifications detailing functional requirements for new features
- See projects from concept through design and ultimate release
- Conduct analysis to determine impact of newly released projects on the business
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintain expertise with respect to the competition.
- Act as a leader within the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business
- At least five years of experience working in app/software product management
- At least three years of experience doing project management for software development
- Fluency in English, both on speaking and writing
- Okay with wearing several different hats and have "let's do it" approach to product management
- Out of the box thinker
- Aggressive, results-driven orientation
- Excellent communicator – both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Team player who does whatever it takes to succeed and works well with other areas of the company
Back to top