Director of Financial Planning & Strategy
EF Education First seeks a highly motivated Director of Financial Planning & Strategy for our fast-growing EF Corporate Solutions business based in London.
EF stands for "Education First". Since 1965, we have helped millions of people transform their lives by breaking down the barriers of language, culture and geography. Today, we're the world’s leading private international education company specializing in language learning, academic degrees, educational travel, and cultural exchanges. We have 16 divisions (including EF Corporate Solutions), offices in more than 50 countries and a network of 43,500 staff.
With a pioneering cloud-based language learning platform, EF Corporate Solutions is the worldwide leader in English language learning solutions for the corporate and public sectors. We are present on the ground in over 20 countries and are the English language learning supplier of choice to thousands of institutions worldwide.
But we are just getting started. We are now looking for the next generation of business leaders to build on our history of innovation and entrepreneurship and help the business continue on its growth trajectory.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in the Corporate Solutions organization, partnering with business unit’s leadership to:
- Understand business performance, define strategic goals and plan for the future
- Drive operational excellence to maximise business performance
- Ensure the right systems and controls are in place to run the business efficiently
Strategic and operational initiatives:
Scope and on occasion lead strategic and operational initiatives to drive business grow/ efficiency. Examples include:
- new market analysis
- product pricing and offer evaluation
- operational metrics
- incentive plan design
- systems improvements
Budgeting and Forecasting:
Own the annual budget and forecast process.
- Responsible for quarterly and annual management financial reporting
- Not responsible for accounting/ legal closes but responsible for adjustments to reflect Management Reporting requirements and for analysis and commentary on Actuals vs Budget
Commercial, legal and financial control:
- Ensure compliance with EF financial controls
- Review contracts and be key interface with Legal and Accounting functions
Be an active member of the central team providing commercial analysis and insight to leadership discussions and decision making
The successful candidate will have ~5 years’ experience in finance, consulting or accounting. He or she now has ambitions to grow their responsibilities, develop their skills and have a business impact in a fast-growing, international business.
Qualities and skills required for the role include:
- A self-starter attitude that identifies issues or opportunities and has tenacity in addressing them
- The ability to structure, plan and prioritize work in order to deliver against multiple deadlines
- An eye for detail combined with the ability to step back and see the big picture
- The capacity to collaborate with people across a wide variety of skills and seniorities to deliver results
- An aptitude for working with large data sets and using them to help make a business case
- Strong Excel skills and accounting knowledge
- University graduate, preferably with a Business degree
- Fluent in English and preferably another European language
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top