As a DevOps engineer at EF, you will be maintaining and overseeing the deployment of the platforms and technologies of the English Live and EF SET that bring people closer to learn and evaluate English language skills globally. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary team combined with the best from marketing, operation, product, design, UX and content experts to incorporate the leading web technologies into their day to day work.
You will put your experience to work transforming mundane systems into massive data grids. You'll help development teams design and implement production and development environments and address system needs in new and creative ways that go beyond traditional infrastructure; You are expected to be a key influencer in the team, with the ability to multi-task and when necessary teach and instruct co-workers, you may attend meetings with project stakeholders as required to ensure the needs are met and successfully delivered. You are expected to act as one of the key change agents to reinforce the technical best practices/workflows across the teams; You are expected to be one of key voices in our technical community to not only know how to get the job done, but how we could improve as a whole.
- Design, develop, support, release and maintain all existing and new release platforms and processes.
- Establishing DevOps practices and research and recommend tools and techniques for improving our CI and CD.
- Provide assistance to testers and support other teams in troubleshooting system issues.
- Working hands-on with both backend and other frontend technologies.
- Being involved in team architectural discussions.
- Working in a very iterative/agile development environment.
- Able to quickly transition through short (weekly) release and sprint cycles via continuous integration, testing and delivery methodologies.
- Work directly with architects, developers and stakeholders.
- Provide assistance in training on key functions of the tools implemented.
- Continuously “refactor” and optimize the process of CI and CD to improve the efficiency and quality of the development cycles.
- Ensure high availability of the infrastructure
- Minimum 4 years’ working experience in software development in an Agile environment
- Strong Evidence:
- code/scripting skills
- Linux, Unix, MacOX and Windows operating systems (experience with CoreOS a plus).
- Working in a cloud/Iaas environment – AWS, Rackspace, Azure
- Working with virtualization software such as VMWare and Openstack
- Containerization tools such as Vagrant, Docker or LXC
- Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack
- Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant
- Orchestration tools such as zookeeper, noah and mesos
- Monitoring/Alerting tools such as Prometheus, New Relic, Nagios, Icinga and Graphite
- Proven experience of working in a continuous integration and delivery environment with help of automation frameworks for testing and deploying the system.
- Participate in development of long term planning for new projects and facilities in an Agile environment.
- Experience and ability to advice, teach, train and instruct co-workers.
- Working closely with management team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- Solid knowledge of transactions, multi-threading, security and encryption implementations in complex websites.
- Ability to locate the source of a problem.
- Updates and modifies existing implementations to improve efficiency.
- Performs work of high difficulty in designing, writing, editing, modifying, and debugging computer programs.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of staff.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in always-up, always-available service
- Experience of working with Kubernetes would be a plus
BENEFITS & FUN STUFF:
- Work in a Multinational Office (30 different nationalities)
- Work with Passionate People
- 25 Days Holidays
- Pension Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Child Care Voucher
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts at selected local Restaurants, Shops, Hair & Beauty, Sports & Fitness
- Office Free Gym, Pilates & Yoga
- EF Football Fridays
- EF Running Club
- Career Opportunities Internationally
- Monthly Happy Hour in Office
- Summer & Christmas Party - ‘no expenses spared’
- VIP box on O2 Arena available for staff on selected events
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 500 offices and schools across 54 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Back to top