Dean of Students
EF Academy is looking for a Dean of Students to join our international campus in Thornwood, New York.
As Dean in Thornwood, you will among other things be responsible for
- Demonstrating use and implementation of successful student behavior management strategies.
- Positive behavioral interventions and support
- Serve in dean weekly and weekend duty rotation
- Managing group of house parents and halls, including attendance, security facilities, health and wellness
- Creating and implementing student behavior expectations
- Build positive relationships with students, staff, parents and community members
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with key stakeholders through a variety of methods
- Facilitate the resolution of conflict
- Assist with management and enforcement of school behavioral expectations, including attendance
- Confer with students, parents, and teachers regarding student related policies.
- Serve as a resource to staff regarding student management issues.
- Create and coordinate education alternatives for students in need.
- Collaborate with staff, administrators, and parents through the response to intervention process.
- Assist in the planning, developing, and implementation of student behavior plans.
- Confer with students and administer appropriate consequences.
- Openly communicate with staff and parents/guardians regarding student behavior.
- Collaborate with school counselors and personnel to create and maintain research-based behavioral interventions and trains faculty and staff in those interventions.
- Manage the documentation of student behavior through the student management system
- Attend appropriate meetings regarding student growth and success (including Discipline Committee)
- Assist in Athletic and Activities Departments as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in a Residential Setting
- Candidate must have a strong desire to live and work with teenagers
- Flexibility and a desire to succeed
- Sense of humor, collegiality a must.
About EF Academy
EF is the world’s largest private education company with over 40,000 employees in almost 500 schools and offices across the world. Founded in Sweden in 1965 with the simple business idea to take local high school students to England to learn English, the company now has 15 subsidiaries and non-profit organizations centered around language learning, educational travel, cultural exchange and academic programs.
Back to top