EF Travel, the flights division of EF Tours, is currently looking for a Data Engineer to join our BI team in Zurich, Switzerland.
We are a small, autonomous and dynamic BI team working on a multitude of technical solutions for EF’s flights department. We provide vital functions in the areas of technical development, business intelligence and innovation and everything we do has a direct impact on our business. We enjoy a fantastic work environment right on the doorstep to the Swiss Alps.
As a Data Engineer your main focus will be to provide all the back-end development and architecture for supporting our operational and executive deliveries. We expect you to be forward thinker, innovative and ready for a position where you will get to make an impact from day one.
- Develop and architect new data solution using AWS cloud services
- Develop and optimize back-end systems and provide support to the front-end developers
- Maintain current Data Warehousing architecture and processes
- Implement structured and methodical ways to achieve high quality reporting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar
Minimum 3 years of working experience
- Good Knowledge in MSSQL, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS is a plus
- Good understanding of ETL process, dimensional modeling and data warehousing architecture
- Knowledge of different range of AWS Services and Big Data architecture
- Knowledge in Python or other scripting language
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Independent, self-motivated and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English
Since 1965, we have helped millions of people transform their lives by opening the world through education. Today we are the world’s largest private education company - offering every imaginable way to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture, or earn an academic degree. We offer competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. The position is situated in beautiful Zurich, Switzerland and you will be working with people from all over the world. What’s it like to work here? https://vimeo.com/111638911
EF offers a wide range of benefits ready for our team members to enjoy during weekends, after work and with friends & family, including:
- Discounted passes to local destinations and tourist hot-spots such as mt. Titlis or Kunsthaus Zurich.
- Full reimbursement of the SBB ‘halb-tax’ travel card, covering country-wide public transportation.
- Free membership for our newly built gym or get involved with our variety of sports teams.
- Seasonal and monthly office events including holiday parties, ski trips and pay-day happy hours.
- Discounts on a wide range of local restaurants, shops, hotel stays and EF products.
- 15% off in-house child care service (more info. available).
Whilst working in our newly built state-of-the-art office in the heart of Zurich, you’ll constantly be able to enjoy all of the above deals and many more that EF have to offer.
For more information about us visit our Instagram page here: https://www.instagram.com/weareefswitzerland/
Back to top