Do you love data? Are you a data practitioner who is interested in designing, creating, deploying and managing data assets for an enterprise organisation? We are running a massive project to transform our core systems and BI platform. Working closely with IT leadership, BI and development teams, you will play a critical role to ensure that EF follows a formal standard and its data assets are in line with the defined data architecture and business goals. Furthermore, you will be part of the team to develop EF’s first Big data platform.
We are seeking an experienced data architect with strong leadership to drive EF’s data management initiatives including developing an enterprise-wide data strategy, BI data roadmap, MDM, a common business glossary and enforce data governance across all sources system design. You will also have an opportunity to involve in existing data migration, integration and big data projects.
The ideal candidate will provide data architecture, best practices and methodology expertise into all project activities.
- Define vision, blueprint, strategy, & principles for data management including sources system design and BI data warehouse design
- Lead key data migration and integration projects
- Lead medium to high complexity data modelling, data mining and data warehouse initiatives
- Define standards and processes for data governance, data modelling, and data naming conventions
- Enforce data governance and standards among different development teams
- Develop a strategic inventory of data needed for BI
- Work in a consultative manner with system owners to gather data modelling requirements, define modelling needs, solution design and recommend best solution design practices
- Research new opportunities /technologies for data acquisition, visualisation and data mining.
- Write ETL development specification and run POC to prove data transformation, migration or integration
- Help mentor other system owners or junior level team members on best data architecture practices
- Provide guidance and assistance for the big data analytics project
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10 + years of experience in a data-related specialization (data integration, data modelling, data warehousing, BI or etc.) and 5+ years in data architect and design area
- Excellent in data architecture, modelling, management, and governance design for enterprise systems and data warehouse
- Excellent in T-SQL and familiar with MS SQL Server or other RDMS
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communications
- Experience in established and emerging data technologies e.g. Microsoft SQL Stack, NOSQL DB, predictive analytics, data visualization
- Experience in leading large data migration and integration projects
- Experience in creating master data management and business glossary framework is a big plus
- Strong leadership and influencing skills to make things happen
- Strong problem solving and logical thinking skills - the ability to take complex ideas and break them into logical actionable steps
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind-set
- Familiar with any big data DB technologies such as NO SQL, Cassandra, MongoDB and etc. is a big plus
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Management or other related majors
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top