Customized Itinerary Specialist
Customized Itinerary Specialist
EF Educational Tours
Who you are
You are driven to succeed and will always go the extra mile. You are a networker with the ability to build strong relationships throughout our worldwide organization. You are a strategist – always looking to innovate and always able to execute. You are focused on getting great results, but you don’t forget to have a good time on the way. You are outgoing and positive. You believe that by being hands-on, nothing is impossible. You are passionate about travel and global education.
You have an eagerness to share your knowledge about worldwide destinations, the ability to conduct independent research, and excellent attention to detail. You have exceptional communication skills, and are able to quickly connect with others and identify opportunities to pitch the right solution. You are goal oriented and deadline-driven.
We are looking for an exceptionally detail-oriented, customer focused individual, who thrives in fast paced, changing environments. As an Itinerary Specialist on the Educational Programming Team, you will work closely with our sales team to partner with educators who wish to explore the option of designing their own itinerary for international group travel. From creating new and creative itineraries, to enhancing existing tours by building stay ahead or stay behind options, your goal is to understand the needs, motivations and educational goals of each customer, and then design the perfect custom tour for their group. To be successful in this role, you will rely on your extensive worldwide destination knowledge coupled with your superb creative thinking skills to think outside the box and provide our travelers with an all- around beautiful customer experience.
- Consult with customers or group leaders directly to understand their needs and begin to design their ideal tour experience
- Assist sales staff by consulting on itineraries and assisting with product and destination knowledge
- Create a high quality product, as well as carefully proof tours prior to departure
- Gain proficiency in using internal systems
- Manage relationships with Sales and Operations teams- both internally and worldwide
- Drive product innovation by identifying trends in the customized market which can translate into ongoing business opportunities
- Take on additional product development and information support projects as necessary
- A minimum of 1-2 years of work experience
- Travel experience is an asset
- Strong listener and communicator (both verbal and written)
- Creative problem solver with good attention to detail
- Highly proactive and organized person
- Able to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and adaptability
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Microsoft office proficiency
- High attention to detail
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top