Customer Support Coordinator
Do you have a warm smile that lights up the room? Are you a natural leader who can rally your team towards reaching big goals? Are you a dynamic problem-solver who loves a big puzzle?
If yes, you may be the ideal Customer Support Coordinator at EF International Language Centers – San Francisco. Reporting to the School Director, your mission will be to achieve very high levels of customer satisfaction. You will manage multiple aspects of our program operations to ensure an amazing customer experience from start to finish. This is a full-time role and we are only interested in serious, service-minded individuals committed to strong results.
- Deliver high customer satisfaction results as measured by standardized student evaluation forms
- Supervise quick and efficient student log handling across all departments within the school
- Immediately resolve any and all customer concerns acting as the primary go-to for escalated complaints
- Support Student Services Coordinator, Activities Coordinator and Homestay Coordinator during peak periods and cover vacant positions when necessary
- Meet established budget targets including upselling to reach service income goals
- Drive school sales by running constant extension campaigns, local community outreach to promote walk-in sales and implementing customer retention procedures to prevent early program terminations
- Instantly confirm new bookings and issue student visa documents
- Run weekly student intakes to warmly welcome new customers
- Assist with school-wide compliance with accreditation standards and government regulations
- Urgently help recruit new host family suppliers to grow and improve our existing database and accommodate higher student volumes
- Ensure students are placed in host families by firm deadlines and that all hosts meet minimum quality standards; regularly assess hosting performance via annual home visits
- Plan and execute diverse offering of daily activities appealing to multiple customer demographics
- Arrange airport transfers for arriving/departing students on weekly basis
- Recruit new partner companies and place students in unpaid internships
- Arrange customer WOWs and other student life initiatives to develop school spirit/community
- Safeguard student welfare and manage emergency/crisis situations
- Participate in on-call emergency phone rotation
- Support other school-wide initiatives, projects and events as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 1-3 years customer service experience – preferably in the hospitality/tourism sector
- US work authorization and fluent written and oral English skills (other language skills a plus)
- Flexibility and desire to work extended evening/weekend hours as needed
- Proven leadership and ability to motivate your team
- Outstanding written and verbal professional communication skills
- Robust organization, planning and time management; strict attention to detail
- Goal oriented and accountable to consistently meeting and exceeding performance targets
- Cool under pressure – willing and able to take charge in an emergency, think and react quickly to daily surprises, enjoys a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Sound judgment and ability to independently resolve difficult, emotionally-charged situations
- Sense of urgency - able to simultaneously manage multiple demands while meeting tight deadlines
- Patience and empathy towards working with individuals from many different cultures, ages and limited to no English skills
- Outgoing, energetic and positive personality, a sense of humor, passionate and fun!
EF Education First is an international education company focusing on language, academics, and cultural experience. With a mission to open the world through education, EF was founded in 1965.
We are 43,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 53 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
We are travelers, innovators, doers and thinkers. We are open and collaborative, we are dedicated and passionate – we really work hard, and then we play hard. We believe in opening the world through education and we are proud of the role that we can play in that.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.
Back to top