Customer Service Manager
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. We have fifteen subsidiaries and non-profit organizations, schools and offices in over 50 countries and employ over 43,000 staff and teachers. In today’s increasingly complex and interdependent world, our mission is more relevant than ever. www.ef.com
Position title: Customer Service Manager
Reports to: Executive Director, EF Executive Language Institute
Location: Cambridge, UK
EF Executive Language Institutes is looking for a dynamic and energetic team member to join the school’s administrative team. The Customer Service Manager works with all aspects of school administrative and customer service duties from student welfare to housing and social activities, working as part of a passionate team that operates with the mindset of a startup, but with the infrastructure of an established school. The hallmarks of success in this role are passion, autonomy, and attention to detail. If you are energized and inspired by the challenges of this role, we want to hear from you!
The Customer Service Manager has a big impact on the success of the school. This includes but is not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service for the students of the school
- Handling various administrative duties related to the school operations and student welfare
- Allocating and arranging services such as accommodation and transfers for students
- Organizing social activities for students
- Recruiting and inspecting host families
- Negotiating with major vendors and service providers related to student services
- Communicating consistently with our network of overseas sales offices
Successful candidates should have experience in the service or education sector. Experience in the hospitality industry a strong plus. In addition, candidate must have:
- 2-3 years of operational experience
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Relentless focus on customer service and quality standards
- Excellent organizational skills with close attention to detail
- Tireless and diligent administration skills
- A can-do and hands-on approach
- A positive attitude, sense of humor, and empathy for others
- Comfortable with a fast paced and highly kinetic environment
- An ability to think and react quickly to daily surprises and take charge in emergencies
- Up-to-date computer skills (excel, word, aptitude to use various internal systems )
- International experience preferred
- Fluency in English, an additional language is a plus
EF Executive Language Institutes provides executives and business professionals worldwide with intensive English immersion courses in 2 main locations: Cambridge, UK and Boston, US. Courses are also arranged at and in collaboration with Ashridge Business School in the UK. Courses start every Monday of the year. Instruction from qualified teachers with extensive experience in teaching business English is supported by a weekly activities program.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top