Courtesy Shuttle Driver
Job Title: Courtesy Shuttle Driver
Location: Ashridge House, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports to: Guest Services Team Leader
Part-Time: 30 hours a week, 6:30 – 12:30 shift, and 12:00 – 18:00 shift (sometimes 18:30)
Hourly rate: £8.50/hour
Set in 190 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens, Ashridge House is a magnificent venue fusing historic grandeur with contemporary design to create an exceptionally flexible event space. Rated one of the best conference and event facilities in the UK, Ashridge House consists of inspiring spaces for meetings and events or the perfect setting for a celebratory dinner. Ashridge House is also home to Ashridge Hult Executive Education.
The Guest Services team at Ashridge House is seeking a friendly, reliable Shuttle Driver for our courtesy van. The van runs between Berkhamsted Station and Ashridge House between 6:30 and 18:30 daily (M-F). Applicants must have a passion for great customer service, as our team of shuttle drivers are often the first face clients see when beginning their Ashridge experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Transporting clients, staff and visitors between Ashridge House and Berkhamsted Station
- Answering guest questions, pointing people in the right direction, being an overall resource
- Working shifts that rotate between morning shift (6:30-12:30) and afternoon shift (12:00-18:30)
- Scheduling, booking and tracking all shuttle rides
- Booking taxis when the shuttle is full
- Communicating changes in schedules and procedures to clients and staff
- Training people on how to book their own travel on OurAshridge system
- Doing office work between rides, including paying invoices and other admin tasks
- Willing to jump in and assist Guest Services team when needed
• Friendly, reliable and helpful
• A welcoming face and voice to greet our clients at the station
• Comfort in driving a van on windy roads while looking out for deer and speed bumps
• Patience when waiting for trains that are sometimes late!
• A real team player, who is passionate about customer service
• Able to sometimes lift suitcases into the back of the van
• Great Attention to Detail, to make sure that no passenger is ever left behind!
• A Nothing is Impossible attitude
• A great driving record.
- Must have D1 driver’s license, to operate a 16-seat van
- CPC Training preferred, but not required (Certificate of Professional Competence)
- 25 days paid holiday each year (pro-rated to part-time)
- Complimentary daily lunch and coffee/tea available to all staff
- Free access to on-site gym (with swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, squash court and outdoor sporting facilities)
- Access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes
- Uniform provided
- Free on-site parking
- Free access to Virtual Ashridge, our award winning online learning resource tool
Ashridge values diversity and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. Ashridge has an equal opportunities policy applicable to all vacancies.
Back to top