Course Leader - New Applicants
Please NOTE that this job ad is only for new Course Leaders who have NOT worked with EF before. If you are a returning applicant, please apply through the following link: http://careers.ef.com/job/otm94fwM
As a Course Leader you will travel abroad with your own group of students during summer 2017. Language Travel trips last from two to four weeks depending on the course and the destination. You will have to be available for the students whenever they need you. Together you will do lots of different activities, dance at discos, play football or just hang out at the beach. You will work in an international environment where you meet people from all over the world. The students are between 10-18 years old and they study English, Swedish, Spanish, German or French. Even though there are lots of fun activities and excursions planned for the students, YOU can make a great impact on the students’ experience by being a great leader!
Course Leader duties:
- Travel together with the students from Finland to the destination.
- Cooperate with your local leader. Do research about different activities and plan your stay and the activity chart together with local staff.
- Be available for your students 24/7. There may be situations where you have to make quick decisions as a leader.
- Make sure no one is feeling left out, group dynamics is a big part of being a Course Leader. You have to be able to sense if something is wrong or if there is a student in need of your help.
- Make sure the students are following the EF rules which they all have read and signed. Participate in different group meetings with other staff at the destination. Work late hours, for example at the discos.
Teaching Course Leader:
Teaching Course Leaders will not only be engaged in the duties above, but they will also be asked to:
- Monitor & carry out tests the first and last day, including marking.
- Plan lessons and prepare before each lesson.
- Teach lessons every weekday, including the following subjects: Conversation, grammar and culture.
- Facilitate & enable an effective learning environment.
- Daily cooperation with your co-leader to discuss progress and plan upcoming lessons.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal leader is:
- Fluent Finnish speaker
- Fluency in English and the language spoken in the destination course country (Swedish, Spanish, German and/or French).
- Ideally a teacher or someone with pedagogical experience from working with minors
- Responsible and has a good hand with minors
- Well organized
- Social, outgoing and confident
- Accessible & approachable
- Fun & enthusiastic
- Takes own initiatives
- Dedicated to take on any task or assignment
- Is able to make good decisions in stressful situations
Previous experience which further qualify you working as a course leader:
- If you previously worked as a teacher
- If you have stayed abroad for a longer period of time
- Previous work as a confirmation leader
- Previous work as a leader for minors in other areas
EF Education First is a world leading private educational company specialized in language training, educational travel, academic degree programs, and cultural exchange. We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 53 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education. Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology.
We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
Back to top