From the unfamiliar to the unforgettable!
As a Course Leader you will travel abroad with your own group of students during summer 2021. Language Travel trips last from two to four weeks depending on the course and the destination. You will have to be available for the students whenever they need you. Together you will do lots of different activities, dance at discos, play football or just hang out at the beach. You will work in an international environment where you meet people from all over the world. The students are between 7-16 years old and they study English. Even though there are lots of fun activities and excursions planned for the students, YOU can make a great impact on the students’ experience by being a great leader!
Course Leader duties
- Travelling together with the students from the Czech Republic to destination (UK or Malta).
- Cooperating with your local leader, doing research about different activities and planning your stay and the activity chart together with local staff.
- Being available for your students 24/7. There may be situations where you must make quick decisions as a leader.
- Making sure no one is feeling left out, group dynamics is a big part of being a Course Leader. You must be able to sense if something is wrong or if there is a student in need of your help.
- Making sure the students are follow the EF rules which they all have read and signed. Participating in different group meetings with other staff at the destination. Work late hours, for example at the discos.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal leader is:
- Fluent Czech speaker (native or C2 level)
- Fluent in English
- As you would be working with minors, there is a preferred minimum age of 23
- Responsible and well organized
- Social, outgoing and confident
- Taking own initiatives
- Dedicated to take on any task or assignment
- Able to make good decisions in stressful situations
- Experienced in travelling, studying or living abroad
- Experienced as a teacher or has pedagogical experience from working with minors (would be a plus)
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.