Course Leader - Accompagnateur(-trice) de séjours linguistiques
- Strasbourg, France
From the unfamiliar to the unforgettable!
As an EF Course Leader you will travel abroad with a group of students during the school holidays. The trips last from two to four weeks depending on the course and the destination. You will have to be available for the students whenever they need you. Together you will do lots of different activities, dance at discos, play football or just hang out at the beach.
You will work in an international environment where you will meet and work with people from all over the world. The students are between 10-17 years old and they study English, Spanish or German or French. Even though there are lots of fun activities and excursions already planned for the students, YOU will make a great impact on the students’ experience by being a great leader!
Your key tasks will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Travelling together with a group of students to/from the destination
- Work as part of an international team – during the trip you will report to the local manager and together with colleagues from the local team and other Course Leaders you will look after an international group of students. All students in the destination are all our responsibility.
- Assisting with student arrivals and departures.
- On-going promotion of activities and encouragement of student participation.
- Conducting daily meetings with students after lessons to communicate information regarding activity choices, meeting times and places and upcoming events.
- Attending and running all activities for your group.Do research about different activities and plan your stay and the activity chart together with local staff.
- Collecting money for bus passes and optional excursions.
- Monitoring daily attendance and keeping up to date records and paperwork.
- Attending all leader meetings.
- Participating in the duty rotas when required.
- Ensuring students follow the safety rules set as well that the EF behaviour code is followed by students at all times and inform management immediately if there are any issues or problems.
- Be available for the students 24/7. There may be situations where you have to make quick decisions as a leader.
- Work late hours, for example at the discos.
- Dealing with problems, welfare and emergency situations should they arise.
- Enthusiastic, organised and a natural leader.
- Experience of working with young people (example given: teacher, scout leader).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Capable of using your own initiative.
- Responsible and flexible.
- Fluent in French and the language spoken in the course’s destination country (e.g English, Spanish, German).
- Attend trainings prior to your contract commencing.
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 55 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Back to top