Country Product Manager, Copenhagen, Denmark
Country Product Manager, Copenhagen, Denmark
Every day we facilitate life-changing experiences for teenagers through our EF High School Exchange Year program. Your role will be to take it to the next level, and boost sales, ensure fantastic customer service, and build a great team. This will be your most challenging endeavor so far in your career and require everything you have, but also be immensely rewarding personally and professionally.
EF High School Exchange Year is a division of EF Education First. We are 43,000 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 53 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 52 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
As our new Country Product Manager (CPM) you join a company where international career opportunities are endless, once you have delivered strong results. The Danish sales office is primarily made up of young spirited people. Our main reason for being is to deliver on our ambitious sales targets, but always with great team spirit and support from colleagues.
You will lead the sales, marketing and business development in Denmark for High School Exchange Year (HSEY) program. The primary target of HSEY customers are young people aged 14-17 years, wanting a life changing experience in US, UK or Ireland. The HSEY sales team consists of 2 sales coordinators, an intern, and the CPM. In the start-up phase you will receive plenty of training to enable you to come quickly up to speed. You report to the Danish country manager and are part of the management team.
This is a multi-facetted career opportunity: A high mental capacity for growing the program and dealing with multiple tasks and challenges in a highly dynamic and international work environment every day is required. Hence, you can clearly see yourself in the following characteristics:
- Emphatic and caring personality who loves customer contact. A significant portion of your time will be spent on direct customer contact with teenagers and their parents, whether it is about sales, service or finding solutions to issues. Our customer service must be perceived as second to none, and you lead by example.
- Driven by sales results. You have proven experience with selling directly to consumers (BTC). Successful telemarketing experience is a big advantage mixed with face to face selling. You are an executer by heart who gets a kick by delivering on your own personal sales targets every day. You measure yourself on sales results and customer satisfaction, not the number of hours you invest.
- Engaging team leader. You love to develop your people, and you have proven that you are good at it. Our people are our most important asset and you are a trusted and natural leader who leads by example. You engage your team and create commitment to both improvement actions and daily sales goals.
- Great relations builder. It is a must that you are good at engaging and building positive relations with colleagues outside the Danish office e.g. in the US, where most of our students are sent to. You take lead on ensuring that we work in the same direction as one team, and that customer related issues are dealt with in a professional and effective way.
- Flexible. Expect that no work day is alike and that frequent contact with US, parents and colleagues require you to be available also at odd times during work days, and sometimes during weekends.
- Structured and analytical. Every day there are many smaller and bigger tasks that needs to be managed effectively by you and your team, which requires a structured approach. You thrive with analyzing the business and using numbers to drive decisions.
- Strategic mindset. You are able to balance strong day-to-day sales focus with a longer-term perspective on how to take your business to the next level. You can make a robust plan to grow HSEY that is simple to communicate and execute, and takes a starting point in competitive analysis and our customers’ needs. And of course you are great at getting your team and manager behind it.
- Flair for marketing. You have experience with online and social media marketing, direct mail, and other relevant ways of creating leads. Your team will drive its own marketing activities, in close alignment with our marketing manager. You have your own budget.
Other talents and skills
- You are passionate about international education—because you have either lived or studied abroad yourself – and/or you have travelled extensively. Ideally you have been on high school exchange year yourself.
- Easy-going personality who makes people around smile and feel good.
- You are detail-oriented and making sure all aspects of the customer agreement are delivered to.
- 3-5 years of sales experience, preferably in a service industry, plus marketing experience.
- 2-3 years of staff management experience.
- University degree in marketing, management, business administration, or the equivalent.
- Flexibility in terms of weekly work schedule is important as we need to call customers when they need it during day time and evenings.
- Perfect Danish (both written and verbal), as well as fluency in English is required.
- Situated in Copenhagen.
- Ability to travel in Denmark and internationally on an occasional basis.
Send your motivated application and CV in English to EF by Jan 24, 2017. Ideally we have a new CPM starting March 1, 2017, or as soon as possible.
At EF Education First, two of our seven core values are “Nothing is impossible” and “Passion”. For us at EF this means that the driver behind our success is a huge passion within each and every one of us to do our best every single day. In essence we sell personal transformation to people who want to get a life-changing experience abroad.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top