Copywriter & Social Media Manager
Job Title: Copywriter & Social Media Manager
Team: EF Global Creative Studio
Location: Hong Kong
If you’re a copywriter with a social media managing alter ego, keep reading. We have dim sum.
We’re looking for a new core member to join our Creative Studio based in Hong Kong. As a multi-channel content expert, an amazing writer, and an original thinker, you will drive global projects and content for the world’s largest international education company.
In this position, you will spend half your time as a copywriter, so your writing must be sharp and lean. Your grammar should be impeccable. You should be ready to view all assignments—from photo captions in a brochure to thought leadership articles for HBR—as opportunities. You should love Oxford commas and em dashes.
The rest of the time, you will be a social media manager who realizes that life isn’t about getting likes, but you want them anyway. You will be managing EF’s global Facebook and LinkedIn pages. You will play nice with creatives and suits to gather the best in content. You should love looking at analytics to evaluate post performance, and Hootsuite will be your new best friend.
- Write and edit engaging content at a high velocity (i.e. hitting deadlines!)
- Work with stakeholders at all levels—from senior executives to field staff
- Manage EF’s global social media channels on Facebook and LinkedIn
- Be a master of click-bait headlines
- Have a versatile voice that can go from corporate to casual in a Hong Kong second
- Work across teams and time zones to coordinate campaigns
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-ranked university
- 1-2 years of experience is ideal, but fresh graduates with substantial writing and social media experience are also eligible
- A great writer, as well as a discerning curator of content
- Excellent at collaboration—yes, even as a writer
- Experience working on multiple projects for multiple stakeholders with overlapping deadline
- Have a healthy respect and eye for visual design
- Flawless English and a second language is a plus but not required
- Love what we do! (language, education, travel, and cultural exchange)
About EF Education First
We’re 46,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture, and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel, and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top