Become part of a team responsible for the creation of innovative new courses for English-language learners of all ages from around the world. Enjoy the opportunity to participate in the development and production process of course materials, including online lessons, apps, books, teachers' notes and videos.
Be responsible for copy-editing and proofreading as part of the full-time, onsite academic content editorial team, ensuring user-friendly, error-free courses and materials for children and adults around the world.
- Copy-editing and/or proofreading academic content for a blended learning program, including printed materials, online and physical classroom content, teachers' notes, apps and online self-study content to meet project specifications and challenging deadlines. Team members perform quality assurance on all aspects of final content, including design and layout elements.
- Quickly learning the various components of the course materials we create for different audiences, and ensuring consistency throughout.
- Collaborating with others to maintain, build upon and document house style.
- Acting on feedback from team to improve and enhance editing processes and outcomes.
- Giving constructive feedback to writers, designers and other colleagues when needed.
- Proactively participating in the entire development process when required.
- Continuously researching and developing best practice with regard to editing for print, digital and mobile content.
- Four years of relevant copy-editing and/or proofreading experience. Please note that this is not an entry-level position.
- University degree, preferably in English, publishing, education, modern languages, or journalism
- CEFR C2 level of English (mastery)
- Formal training in copy-editing and/or proofreading, in either British or American English, is preferred.
- Experience working with online content is preferred.
- Ability to copy-edit 2-10 pages per hour
- Ability to proofread 9-13 pages per hour
- Exceptional standard of written English
- Exceptional attention to detail – not only to the language, grammar, punctuation, etc., but to all design and layout elements as well
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- TEFL Qualification (CELTA equivalent or above) is a plus.
- Familiarity with publishing processes is a plus.
- Content writing and/or media production experience is a plus.
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to open the world through education, and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
EF is an equal opportunities employer and offers a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.
For more information about us visit our Instagram page here: https://www.instagram.com/weareefswitzerland/
Back to top