Contracts and Recruitment Coordinator
Contracts and Recruitment Coordinator – EF Learning Centers, Inc. (Miami, FL)
As the official language services provider for the Beijng, Sochi, Rio and Pyeongchang Olympic Games, EF has designed a platform that uses cutting edge technology to connect teachers with ESL students from all over the world. EF Learning Centers contracts with and supports 800 plus work-from-home instructors in the US who lead our online conversational English classes for adults and children. Through a supportive and engaging online presence, instructors make our virtual classroom come alive for students from over 120 countries.
Our Recruitment and Contracts Coordinator is part of a team that is responsible for recruiting, screening and onboarding up to 150 freelance, remote teachers each month. In this fast paced role, the coordinator will multi-task and focus on both important administrative tasks and applicant interaction throughout the day. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate how he or she is able to project a friendly and engaged presence to applicants, while also managing onboarding details for multiple new hires concurrently. Most importantly, the coordinator needs to show great judgement in deciding whether to make contract offers to prospective teachers and have a successful track record of hitting goals. Be ready to both roll up your sleeves for the day-to-day and think big to conceptualize solutions for the future!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Day to day review of the applicant pipeline and self-directed outreach to qualified applicants.
- Acting as a brand ambassador and getting new applicants excited about working on the platform.
- Conducting calls with applicants to determine if a contract offer should be extended.
- Coordinating all aspects of a contractor’s initial onboarding, including completing new account set-up information and answering teacher questions.
- Collaborating with other contracts team members and center staff to coordinate teachers’ introduction to the platform and continuously improve the overall teacher experience from start to finish.
- Remaining familiar with all basic center operational policies so as to assist other team members with projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field, and fluency in English.
- One year’s experience in an HR, operations or customer service role.
- Strong attention to detail and a proven track record of achieving challenging goals through tenacity and ingenuity.
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills, coupled with the ability to be persuasive and engaging.
- Proven ability to show excellent discretionary judgement and convey a diplomatic tone in difficult conversations.
- Ability to change gears quickly and take on a “start-up” attitude to jump in and fix whatever challenge presents itself on our small, but growing team.
Preferred but not required:
- Past experience with remote workers and/or independent contractors.
- Past ESL teaching experience.
Back to top