Computer Science Teacher
Role summary: We seek a Computer Sciences teacher for our international school. EF Academy seeks exceptional educators to create a stimulating and enriching high school experience for our diverse international student population which represents students from over 75 countries. The successful candidates will embrace EF's vision for preparing students for a future without borders and possess a proven track record of highly effective teaching. He/she will be flexible, creative, knowledgeable and global minded. Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. Teachers support the personal, social and academic development of students in their advisory group and contribute to extra-curricular clubs, service learning and sports programs. We offer on-campus residences for a limited number of instructional house parents.
Teacher responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and teach IB and IGCSE Computer Science.
- Lead STEM initiatives.
- Differentiate instruction and assessments for individual student needs and support the majority of students whose first language is not English.
- Provide timely feedback to students and utilize a data driven approach to teaching and learning.
- Use a wide range of technologies and creative teaching styles.
- Maintain up-to-date records of assessments, attendance, planning, syllabus and reports.
- Work cooperatively with subject area teachers planninglessons, sharing resources, and cross grading.
- Develop assessment tasks using a wide range of formative assessment tools.
- Plan and carry out experiential learning journeys for students which link to classroom learning objectives.
- Supervise students’ depth studies and eventually IBDP extended essays.
- Attend curriculum planning meetings, faculty meetings and student wellness meetings.
- Keep parents informed about student progress by writing academic progress reports.
- Keep abreast of developments in the curriculum by reading current literature and syllabus updates and participating in professional development conferences.
- Maintain regular office hours and after school help for students.
- Select and requisition materials andtextbooks for each class.
- Participate in student induction week activities and student placement testing.
- Compile bibliography of suggested reading for students.
- Chaperoneoff campus events throughout the academic year and attend school wide
- Contribute to enhancing boarding school life for our students by supervising a club or coaching a sport.
- Serve on one committee that reviews school policies and one that plans a command performance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Teaching experience or training in a high school or university.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience or training withIB or IGCSE curricula a plus.
- Experience with international students.
Further information about the IB Computer Science course can be found here: http://www.ibo.org/globalassets/publications/recognition/4_computersl.pdf
About the company:
EF (Education First) is the largest private education company in the world. Highly innovative and entrepreneurial, we operate at the leading edge of international education offering a diverse range of academic and English language programs, educational travel opportunities and cultural exchanges. Established in 2005, EF Academy is comprised of international boarding schools and has three campus locations in New York, Oxford and Torbay. Providing first-class secondary school education, EF Academy offers IB, A Level, US High School Diploma and IGCSE programs and helps students enter top universities at home or abroad. A dynamic and rapidly growing organization, we need outstanding faculty and staff to join our New York team to help us ‘open the world through education’. We are now seeking to appoint teachers in every subject area.
EF Academy is committed to cultivating a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or age.
EF Academy: Opening the World through Education videos:
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top