Communications Manager - UK/Ireland
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. With more than 40,500 staff and teachers working in 53 countries around the world, our mission is simple: opening the world through education. Since we were founded 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the
world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree.
We are looking for a communicative and creative manager for our central office in London for a maternity cover, fixed contract. You will have an overall responsibility for the communications in the United Kingdom and Ireland, both towards the schools as well as towards the rest of the Language organization. You will be a critical part in a cross-functional team where the pace is high and where there are many simultaneous on-going projects and responsibilities. The role reports to Vice President of Operations.
Responsibilities include but is not limited to the below:
- Responsible for driving the communications strategy development.
- Central point and go to person for Activities Managers/Coordinators in the schools.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and follow-up on meetings. You will have a key role in assisting the schools in recruitment and training of their new activities staff.
- Central projects: project leader for new initiatives and ongoing projects.
- Coordinate and organize recruitment initiatives in the region.
- Be the central point of contact for the region towards other regions, central offices and sales offices.
- Be the central point for customer support staff.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure high quality, low-cost provision of goods and services.
- Plan, organize and run our yearly Familiarization Trips.
- 2 - 3 years communication or marketing experience in a service-based industry.
- University degree desirable.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication, and negotiation skills.
- Proven development and delivery of executive communication via Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Creative and entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Extremely organized, work calmly under pressure and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to engage and influence teams.Experience working in a multicultural environment or living/working abroad a plus.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and referencing.
About UsWe are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
Back to top