Chinese language and literature teacher
We seek a Chinese teacher to teach literature and language classes in our international school. EF Academy teachers are exceptional educators who create a stimulating and enriching high school experience for our diverse international student population which represents students from over 75 countries. They embrace EF's vision for preparing students for a future without borders and possess a proven track record of highly effective teaching. They are flexible, creative, knowledgeable, global minded and strive to be unforgettable. Teachers support the personal, social and academic development of students and contribute to extra-curricular clubs, service learning and/or sports programs.
Teacher responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and teach classes following the appropriate curricula for grades 9-12.
- Differentiate instruction and assessments for individual student needs.
- Provide timely feedback to students and utilize a data driven approach to teaching and learning.
- Use appropriate technologies and creative teaching styles.
- Maintain up-to-date records of assessments, attendance, planning, syllabus and reports.
- Create course outlines and key vocabulary lists for IGCSE and/or IB courses and share on G drive.
- Work cooperatively with subject area teachers planning lessons, sharing resources, and cross grading.
- Develop assessment tasks using a wide range of formative assessment tools.
- Plan and carry out experiential learning experiences for students which link to classroom learning.
- Supervise students’ IBDP extended essays, if appropriate.
- Keep parents informed about student progress by writing academic progress reports.
- Keep abreast of developments in the curriculum by reading current literature and syllabus updates and participating in professional development opportunities offered by the school.
- Provide or find extra help for students.
- Select and requisition materials and textbooks for each class in a timely manner.
- Participate in student induction week activities and student placement testing.
- Promote positive school relationships, with regular communication to the guidance counselor.
- Be enthusiastic and resourceful in creating meaningful learning experiences for high school students.
- Be a positive and collaborative member of the school community in all interactions with colleagues and students.
Back to top