Role summary: We seek a Chemistry teacher for our international school. The candidate will have experience in second-language learning, in addition to knowledge of English language and literatures. EF Academy teachers are exceptional educators who create a stimulating and enriching high school experience for our diverse international student population which represents students from over 75 countries. They embrace EF's vision for preparing students for a future without borders and possess a proven track record of highly effective teaching. They are flexible, creative, knowledgeable, global minded and strive to be unforgettable. Teachers support the personal, social and academic development of students and contribute to extra-curricular clubs, service learning and/or sports programs.
Here are some of the requirements of this position
- Teach classes with curricula from the IB, IGCSE, EF Academy, or NYS, grades 9-12, and related advising.
- Differentiate instruction to support students whose first language is not English.
- Provide timely, helpful feedback to students.
- Include data-driven approach to teaching and learning.
- Plan and carry out experiential learning experiences for students which link to classroom learning.
- Use a relevant range of technologies and creative teaching styles.
- Maintain up-to-date records of assessments, attendance, planning, syllabus and reports.
- Create course outlines and key vocabulary lists for IGCSE and IB courses; share online.
- Develop assessment tasks using a wide range of formative assessment tools.
- Work collaboratively with teachers, students, staff, and administrators.
- Attend curriculum planning meetings, faculty meetings and department meetings.
- Keep parents informed about student progress by writing academic progress reports.
- Continue study in your field; participate in professional development offered by the school.
- Maintain regular office hours and after school help for students.
- Select and requisition materials and textbooks for each class in a timely manner.
- Participate in student induction week activities and student placement testing.
- Compile bibliography of suggested reading for students for the academic year and summer.
- Chaperone off-campus events during the academic year and attend school events.
- Contribute to enhancing boarding school life for our students by supervising a club or coaching a sport.
- Serve on committees as may be needed.
- Promote positive school relationships, with regular communication to the guidance counselor.
- Be enthusiastic and resourceful in creating meaningful learning experiences for high school students.
- Be a positive and collaborative member of the school community in all interactions with colleagues and students.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top