Centre Manager - Oxford Homestay
* Please note homestay roles are only available if you can provide your own accommodation in the advertised location.
* Please only apply to one EF International Language Centers - Summer Camps job, based on your preferred role and location/accommodation type.
Who You Are
- Are you bold, confident and charismatic?
- Do you naturally stay organised and on top of details?
- Do you thrive in entrepreneurial, dynamic and busy environments?
- Are you a natural leader, who loves managing and coaching people to be their best?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
As Centre Manager, you assume overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Language Travel program. The Centre Manager provides management and coaching to summer staff, including Activity Leaders, Course Leaders, EFL Teachers and other Senior Staff. Other duties include assisting with transportation and logistics, activity development, student discipline, accommodation, stock management and payroll. As the primary point of contact for the Operations Manager, the Centre Manager takes on a fundamental role in liaising with students, staff, and local suppliers throughout the summer.
- Ensuring the EF Centre is set up prior to student and staff arrivals.
- Managing and motivating your team.
- Confirming all transport arrangements.
- Planning and coordinating arrivals and departures.
- Overseeing the management of stock and equipment.
- Preparing and delivering staff meetings and briefings.
- Ensuring customer service goes above and beyond student expectations.
- Liaising with suppliers.
- Budgetary control, payroll and ensuring the Centre’s paperwork is up to date.
- Student welfare and discipline.
- Dealing with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Has management experience (1+ years preferred).
- Has experience working with young people and/or international students.
- Is business-minded with a strong sense of customer service and attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, upbeat and a natural leader with high energy and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Possesses strong communication skills and teamwork abilities.
- Goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo.
- Can attend a Senior Staff training prior to contract commencing.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top