International Language Centers
For the past 50 years, EF Education First has been the world’s leader in international education. We offer students from Europe and Asia (aged 13-18) the opportunity to spend two to four weeks in the United States to improve their language skills, live with a local host family or in a residence, and learn about American culture through fun and immersive activities.
Who You Are
Are you bold, confident and charismatic?
Do you naturally stay organized and on top of details?
Do you thrive in entrepreneurial, dynamic and busy environments?
Are you a natural leader, someone who loves managing and coaching people to be their best?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
As Center Manager, you assume overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Language Travel program. Similar to a School Principal or School Director, the Center Manager provides oversight, management and coaching to program staff, including Activity Leaders, Local ESL Teachers and other Senior Staff Managers. Other duties include assisting with host family issues, transportation and logistics, activity development, student discipline, stock management and payroll. As the primary point of contact for the regional Operations Manager, the Center Manager takes on a fundamental role in ensuring students, staff, host families and local suppliers alike are accommodated throughout the summer.
- Manage, coach and provide performance evaluations for the program staff, including Activity Leaders, Local ESL Teachers and Senior Staff Managers.
- Ensure the Course Center is set-up (branding, stock, etc.) prior to student and staff arrivals.
- Plan and coordinate student arrivals and departures as well as special events such as orientations and graduation ceremonies.
- Liaise on a day-to-day basis with the Host Family Program Manager to address host family issues as they arise.
- Oversee program budget and payroll, and ensure the Center’s paperwork is up-to-date.
- Ensure EF signage and branding on campus fits branding specifications.
- Be available to work late nights for some events, such as host family evenings, arrivals and departures, and also to assist with emergency situations should they arrive.
- Has management experience (1+ preferred).
- Has experience working with young people and/or experience working with international students.
- Is business-minded with a strong sense of customer service and attention to detail.
- Is enthusiastic, upbeat and a natural leader with high energy and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Possesses strong communication skills and teamwork abilities.
- Goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo.
- Knowledge of the local area preferred.
- Can attend a Senior Staff training prior to contract commencing.
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
Back to top