Career Development Advisor
You will be joining a global team of passionate Career Development Advisors who excel at coaching students to win jobs. For many of our campuses, like Boston, San Francisco, and Dubai, we support students to win jobs “out of market” or in a region in which they don’t have natural work rights. Our students have achieved exceptional success with 99% making a switch in role, function or industry. Although finding work outside of home market is challenging, we like to say that the only limit on success is the extent of one’s imagination, will, and drive.
As a Career Development Advisor for the San Francisco campus you will be responsible for inspiring, guiding, and directing masters and MBA students as they explore career options, define a target, plan their go to market strategy, and secure their next employment after Hult.
- Career Skilling - In partnership with campus staff, organize and execute 3 one-day Career Bootcamps (Fall, Winter, and Spring) and a series of interactive workshops covering all career and job search fundamentals – Resume, LinkedIn, Personal Branding, Networking, Pitching, Interviewing, …
- Career Platform - As a leader in educational methodologies, Hult uses a “hybrid” approach for skilling. Students have access to online tools and resources that allow them to learn at their own pace and on their own time line. Contribute resources and knowledge to the platform, and forward to students curated materials, insights and advise on an ongoing basis. Direct, train, and teach students on how to use Hult online Career Platform.
- Career Advising – Present and advertise the Global ROADmap and provide coaching sessions as defined by the Hult program. This includes facilitating group career coaching and peer group coaching sessions to enable students to share learnings and job leads. Provide 1:1 coaching sessions to support students in identifying target jobs and establishing an action plan for achieving job success. Set student expectations about starting early on the career journey and taking advantage of the program.
- Career Connections – Curate and facilitate connections between students and the larger Hult community - Alumni, faculty, staff, local employers, other students, clubs and associations, specialized coaches and mentors, etc.
- General - Maintain student career portal and class information, keep case notes on every visit, participate in gathering employment statistic: pull reports frequently to monitor student career progress, and base advise, action and initiatives on student career data. Partner with academic staff to support the student throughout the year; act as the single point of contact and continuity for all career related matters.
- Belief in and desire to participate in the Hult mission for educating, inspiring and empowering students from more than 140 different countries, to carve a career path in international business, and transform their lives and the lives of others in the process.
- Familiarity with recruitment practices, most in demand roles and skills and overall market dynamics, regionally and nationally. Deep knowledge and network in one or more functional areas and/or one or more industry sectors is highly valued.
- Keen interest in understanding and communicating regional employment opportunities. Strong sense of local, regional and global business and related hiring trends. General awareness of global employment opportunities.
- Previous career advisory experience and knowledge of student development and career counseling practices is highly valued but not a show stopper - assessment tools, career planning models, career communications including social media, and job search execution.
- Exceptional facilitation and presentation skills in both formal and informal settings, ability to effectively and enthusiastically present to and interact with students, one on one, in facilitated classroom and workshop formats.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven operations / event facilitation / project management skills.
- Savvy with technology. Can learn and navigate fluidly between student tools and platforms.
- International work experience and exposure to multicultural environments is a plus.
- Familiarity with the employment landscape for international students in the US is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree required, everything additional including post graduate degrees, certificates, credentials, formal trainings is highly valued.
- Quick learner with an interest in becoming a world class global career advisor. Drive to know each student; passion to support them to be the best they can be.
- Resourceful, Curious, Sustained Positive Energy.
Hult International Business School is a leading global business school offering a Bachelor degree, full-time and part-time Master degrees, one year accelerated and part-time Executive MBAs, a Doctoral program and Ashridge Executive Education programs.
Hult’s innovative curriculum is taught by inspiring professors who possess real-world business experience. In addition, students gain unrivaled global business perspectives through Hult’s unique Global Campus Rotation - which allows students to study on a combination of Hult’s five campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai and Shanghai, as well as Hult’s rotation centers in New York City and Ashridge. With students representing 140 nationalities, Hult International Business School is a microcosm of the global economy that rewards those who can conduct business that transcends borders.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world.
By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organized in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges to award US degrees. Hult has a strategic alliance with Ashridge, which is a legally separate UK charity and has the power to award UK degrees. Hult and Ashridge present a combined position under a common brand and operate as an integrated educational institution, which leverages on the strengths of both.
Hult is an equal opportunity employer. Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, deeply multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we want to hear from you.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top