Career Development Advisor
Hult International Business School is the world’s global business school offering an accelerated MBA degree, a series of one-year Master degrees, an Executive MBA degree, a Bachelor degree and Ashridge Executive Education programs. Hult’s innovative curriculum is taught by inspiring professors who possess real-world business experience. In addition, students gain unrivaled global business perspectives on Hult’s unique Global Campus Rotation—a program that allows students to study on any combination of Hult’s five campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, and Shanghai, as well as Hult’s rotation centers in New York City and Ashridge. With students representing 140 nationalities, Hult International Business School is a microcosm of the global economy that rewards those who can conduct business that transcends borders.
We love exceeding goals, we love speed, and we strive when changes happen. We are quite un-traditional in style, we are entrepreneurs. Fundamentally, we love what we do: helping students accelerate their careers and transform their lives.
You will be joining a global team of passionate Career Development Advisors who excel at coaching students to win jobs. For many of our campuses, like Boston, San Francisco, and Dubai, we support students to win jobs “out of market” or in a region in which they don’t have natural work rights. Our students have achieved exceptional success with 99% making a switch in role, function or industry. Although finding work outside of home market is challenging, we like to say that the only limit on success is the extent of one’s imagination, will, and drive.
As a Career Development Advisor for the Boston campus you will be responsible for inspiring, guiding, and directing masters and MBA students as they explore career options, define a target, plan their go to market strategy, and secure their next employment after Hult.
- Career Skilling - In partnership with campus staff, organize and execute 3 one-day Career Bootcamps (Fall, Winter, and Spring) and 40 interactive workshops covering all career and job search fundamentals – Resume, LinkedIn, Personal Branding, Networking, Pitching, Interviewing, etc.…
- Career Platform - As a leader in educational methodologies, Hult uses a “hybrid” approach for skilling. Students have access to online tools and resources that allow them to learn at their own pace and on their own time line. Contribute resources and knowledge to the platform, and forward to students curated materials, insights and advise on an ongoing basis. Direct, train, and teach students on how to use Hult online Career Platform.
- Career Advising – Present and advertise the Global ROADmap and provide coaching sessions as defined by the Hult program. This includes facilitating group career coaching and peer group coaching sessions to enable students to share learnings and job leads. Provide 1:1 coaching sessions to support students in identifying target jobs and establishing an action plan for achieving job success. Set student expectations about starting early on the career journey and taking advantage of the program.
- Career Connections – Curate and facilitate connections between students and the larger Hult community - Alumni, faculty, staff, local employers, other students, clubs and associations, specialized coaches and mentors, etc.
- General - Maintain student career portal and class information, keep case notes on every visit, participate in gathering employment statistics, pull reports frequently to monitor student career progress, and base advise, action and initiatives on student career data. Partner with academic staff to support the student throughout the year; act as the single point of contact and continuity for all career related matters.
- Belief in and desire to participate in the Hult mission for educating, inspiring and empowering students from more than 140 different countries, to carve a career path in international business, and transform their lives and the lives of others in the process.
- Familiarity with recruitment practices, most in demand roles and skills and overall market dynamics, regionally and nationally. Deep knowledge and network in one or more functional areas and/or one or more industry sectors is highly valued.
- Keen interest in understanding and communicating regional employment opportunities. Strong sense of local, regional and global business and related hiring trends. General awareness of global employment opportunities.
- Previous career advisory experience and knowledge of student development and career counseling practices is highly valued but not a show stopper - assessment tools, career planning models, career communications including social media, and job search execution.
- Exceptional facilitation and presentation skills in both formal and informal settings, ability to effectively and enthusiastically present to and interact with students, one on one, in facilitated classroom and workshop formats. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven operations / event facilitation / project management skills.
- Up to date on Career Management Technology, and can navigate fluidly between student tools and platforms.
- International work experience and exposure to multicultural environments is a plus.
- Familiarity with the employment landscape for international students in the US is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree required, everything additional including post graduate degrees, certificates, credentials, formal trainings is highly valued.
- Quick learner with an interest in becoming a world class global career advisor. Drive to know each student; passion to support them to be the best they can be.
- Curious. Creative. Resourceful. Sustained Positive Energy.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top