Career Advisor: Business Analytics (MSBA) & MBA
You will be joining a global team of passionate Career Development Advisors who excel at coaching international business graduates to win jobs. We support our international students to win jobs “out of market” or in a region in which they don’t have automatic visa work rights. Our students have achieved exceptional success with 99% achieving a switch in role, function or industry. Although finding work outside of home market is challenging, we like to say that the only limit on success is the extent of one’s imagination, will, and drive.
As a Career Development Advisor for the students in the Masters of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA), and the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program you will be responsible for inspiring, guiding, and directing students as they explore career options, define a target, plan their go to market strategy, and secure their next employment after Hult.
Although the traditional resume tune ups are still a part of the Advisors job, you will work with student to empower them to compete in the emerging AI driven market-place. At Hult, students develop resumes and their LinkedIn personas with the use of AI driven software. With the intelligent guidance of AI systems and the automation of many of the administrative and editorial aspects of resume development, Hult Career Advisors focus on value added and strategic job search planning, career pathing, employment coaching and job targeting to maximize post-graduation success.
The Career Advisor will:
- Provide career advising to master’s students in the Business Analytics program, and the Business Administration programs. Advise students on job targets, positioning, interviewing tactics, salary negotiation and LinkedIn and personal branding.
- Manage a cadre of students on the journey to successful employment. This includes sharing knowledge on the state of the rapidly growing (business analytics) and MBA level job market, setting expectations around what to expect during the job search, and coaching students to capitalize on new job titles and opportunities.
- Work with students to help them build and leverage their existing networks, and to build new relationships in order to gain access to their own job opportunities. Support them to intelligently navigate the Hult Alumni Ecosystem and to participate in #HultHIresHult job opportunities.
- Collaborate with global Career advising colleagues in Boston, London, Dubai and Shanghai to educate students on job opportunities in the US and in global markets.
- Utilizing Salesforce and other leading-edge educational technologies, manage the student and educational career journey in a 360 collaboration with Academics, global Career Advisors, Corporate Relations, Hult’s international visa team and other Hult staff supporting the student journey. Track advising notes and employment success in Hult’s systems.
- Experience working with populations who are eager to hone skills, transition to new careers or functions, internationally or domestically.
- Business Analytics: familiarity with recruitment practices, most in demand roles and skills and overall market dynamics, regionally and nationally.
- Strong sense of local, regional and global business and related hiring trends. General awareness of global employment opportunities.
- Previous career advisory experience and knowledge of career counseling practices is highly valued but not a showstopper.
- Talent recruiters looking to make a job change are encouraged to apply.
- Brings a sense of innovation, creativity, and energy to the role interacting with students, staff, faculty, and external constituents.
Wants to be part of a rapidly expanding growing school and is excited about opportunities to work globally.
Hult is the global community creating the future of business. Founded by Bertil Hult, a pioneering voice in education, Hult International Business School is a new kind of business school that strives to deliver the most relevant education for today's ever-evolving, fast-paced world.
Students can choose from a range of practical, business-focused programs including the Global One-Year MBA, Global Executive MBA, Masters, and Bachelor degrees, as well as our extensive Executive Education programs. With six campus locations in the influential cities of Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York, and a student body of unparalleled diversity representing more than 140 nationalities, our students live a global education, not just learn about it.
Hult is proud to be recognized and ranked among the best business schools in the world. We are the first U.S. business school to have achieved triple accreditation, meaning we are accredited by the world’s three most prestigious accrediting bodies: AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA. This accreditation stands as a testament to the quality of our forward-thinking, global approach to education and the ongoing success of our graduates across the world.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top