Business Intelligence & Analytics Analyst
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Business Intelligence & Analytics Analyst to join the team at our headquarters in Lucerne, Switzerland.
The core responsibility of the role is to develop end-to-end analytics solutions and help drive the department to become a data driven organization. The candidate will develop and maintain our Data Warehouse, dashboards on QlikView and PowerBI, reports on SSRS as well as write Ad-Hoc queries. Communication to business stakeholders is key for requirements engineering and training the user base. The candidate ideally has gathered hands on experience in predictive analytics, streaming data and/or text analytics.
We are continuously searching for ambitious, driven and enthusiastic personalities, to join our strong network of professionals in Lucerne, Switzerland. EF is a young, dynamic and entrepreneurial company which is looking for independent responsible personalities with an international mindset.
We are looking for someone that loves working with data, with strong analytical skills and is able to think outside the box to lift up the business by continuously finding new and valuable insights.
- Requirements engineering
- Developing and maintaining dashboards and reports
- Developing and maintaining data warehouse solutions
- Writing ad-hoc queries
- Analyzing data and finding valuable insights
- Training user base
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or business
- Work according the agile methodology
- Self-motivated, problem solver
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Intellectually curious and creative
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Four or more years’ hands-on experience in Business Intelligence or Analytics
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL and in data warehouse
- Proficient in dimensional modelling
- Experience creating dashboards in QlikView, PowerBI or other BI visualization tool
- Experience creating reports in SSRS. Experience with SSIS & SSAS is a bonus
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Machine learning
- Statistical modeling and predictive analytics
- Programming in Python and/or R
- Streaming data and/or text analytics
To be considered for this role, applicants must be either Swiss citizens, EU-nationals or have the legal right to live and work in Switzerland.
Why work at EF?
- We are international. With a global network of offices and schools, EF is able to offer an international career in any part of the world.
- We are entrepreneurial. EF has grown into the largest international education company by hiring people who are street smart and “can get things done”. Our entrepreneurial spirit is at the core of what makes working at EF a ton of fun.
- We embrace change. Be prepared to join a flexible organization where no day is the same. We believe change is key to business success, personal development, and career progression.
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to open the world through education and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
We have fifteen subsidiaries and non-profit organizations, schools and offices in over 50 countries and employs over 43,000 staff and teachers. In today’s increasingly complex and interdependent world our mission is more relevant than ever.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top