Business Intelligence Analyst
Summer 2021 start date
EF Tours is looking for an individual with a passion for data modeling and visualization to join the Business Intelligence unit in the Finance & Strategy team. This role is based in Boston and will work closely with the team’s Product Owner and Manager of Data Insights.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for fostering strong relationships with stakeholders, developing KPIs for management and customer-facing staff, and navigating IT and data infrastructure to get the job done.
If you've got a healthy competitive streak, good problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, technical and quantitative skills; we'd like to hear from you.
Core Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and design new data models and dashboards using Power BI, or Power Platform in general
- Effectively present solutions to and work directly at varying levels across the organization, from junior staff to senior executives
- Help decide on company KPIs to move the business forward across departments, such as Sales/Traveler Support/Marketing/Product Development
- Present KPIs in an easy to understand visual presentation through dashboards
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and draw powerful data insights
A Successful Business Intelligence Analyst will:
- Have minimum 1 years’ technical experience
- Have strong strategic, technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills with a high level of demonstrated quantitative skills in educational and professional background
- Have built expertise or be willing to become an expert in data mining, data modeling and data visualization
- Have experience developing dashboard wire frames and design requirements with an understanding of technical and visual design considerations
- Be able to develop plug-and-play processes to automate and scale common data requests
- Be able to understand EF Tours’ business model through metrics and analysis that drive to insight and action
- Have experience with Power BI, SQL, DAX, and Excel
- Have working knowledge or experience with development tools for data mining (like SSAS), version control (like git), shell scripting and IDEs (like Microsoft Visual Studio)
- Have a high attention to detail
- Be a quick learner and self-starter. Perform well under pressure
- Have an internal drive to finish work before a deadline
- Have collaborative working style. Enthusiastically contributes and takes satisfaction in team accomplishments.
- Be able to manage and thrive in complexity and ambiguity
Why you’ll love working here:
- Benefits include a competitive base salaryl and 25% company match on your 401(k).
- Expand your worldview with paid international business travel plus three weeks of paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two).
- We believe our business, like our world, is better when we embrace diversity.
- EF is proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan.
- Stay healthy with on-site fitness classes, take advantage of discounts to local gyms or join an EF health and wellness organization like our Run Club.
- Build your network by joining one of EF’s employee resource groups, or an EF-inity group such as LGBTQ+ @EF, Black@EF, API@EF, Indigenous@EF, Latinx+@EF & Parents@EF.
- We work in an open environment without a cubicle in sight.
- You will also enjoy comprehensive professional development, free in-house language classes, and a yearly stipend for continued education.
- Explore the neighborhood with discounts to local businesses, concert tickets and sporting events.
- Explore the world with discounts to hotels and flights as well as paid international travel.
- Enjoy our in-house bar, restaurant, hair salon and fitness center
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.