Business Development Manager
Thanks to its long history and solid position in China, EF CS is well positioned to grow in the corporate segment. The company has aggressive expansion plans and China is expected to become EF CS’ biggest market in the next 2-3 years.
The Business Development Manager will play a crucial role in the aggressive expansion of EF CS in China. The ultimate responsibility is to deliver a pre-set annual revenue target by growing the business with existing accounts, as well as identifying, qualifying and closing new accounts. Target accounts may include both SOEs and multinationals. In his/her daily work, the Business Development Manager will interact with numerous people in the client organization, including executives representing L&D, HR, Procurement and the Business Units.
This is a senior business to business sales role. In the role, you will drive and develop existing business and generate new business with the largest organizations in China. This is a high-profile growth opportunity that demands a highly motivated individual with strong sales, communication and organizational skills.
The successful candidate will have great career opportunities; within EF CS or in other parts of the EF organization, in China or internationally.
- Assume responsibility for all phases of the sales process and deliver a pre-set revenue target
- Build lasting, consultative relationships with influencers, stakeholders and decision makers
- Deliver accurate sales forecasts
- Identify needs in the client organization leading to contract renewal and business growth
- Implement scalable solutions and annual project plan to ensure a long-term successful client partnership
- Handle all account administration, answer questions and provide support and creative solutions to the client
Qualifications & Experience
- Documented very strong track record of successful value based B2B/consultative selling targeting senior level executives (HR Manager, Purchasing Manager or similar in large corporations)
- Genuine experience of how to conduct a needs analysis and creating a convincing value proposition that addresses critical business issues
- Personal network at Senior Management level within SOEs and Fortune 500 companies (network within the HR community a strong plus)
- International cultural experience – should ideally have worked, lived or studied abroad, and/or worked in a multinational corporation
- University graduate, preferably with a Business and/or MBA degree
- Fluency in English, both speaking and writing
- “Killer instinct”: Constant over-achiever, highly competitive, creative and solutions-oriented
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated and passionate about identifying new businesses opportunities – “has own engine”
- Has the ability, seniority and presence with clients to close a multi-million RMB deal
- Team player with passion for developing long lasting business relationships
Back to top