Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Ashridge, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports to: Head of Corporate Relationships & Marketing, Qualifications
Department: Ashridge Qualifications
Ashridge Executive Education (Qualifications) is looking for a Business Development Manager who will work to improve the department’s position and achieve financial growth, by building key client relationships, identifying business to business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals and maintaining extensive knowledge of the portfolio of programmes.
You will work at managerial level within the department and part of your role will be to work across the organisation, with the internal team, marketing staff, and other stakeholders to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the department.
To achieve this, you will need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
You will also help manage and retain existing clients, ensuring they stay satisfied and positive and to grow accounts by presenting new solutions and services. This requires a thorough knowledge of the department’s portfolio and a good understanding of the market, other solutions/ services that Ashridge and Hult can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
You must plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business, develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
You will also play a fundamental role in the admissions pipeline to ensure an excellent client and candidate experience and to provide a smooth transition to the programme team.
New Business Development
- Research and identify potential new clients, and the decision makers within organization, prospect and build relationships, by connecting with alumni and other contacts, networking or other means of generating interest from potential clients in order to build business
- Strategic planning to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Set up meetings between decision makers and company’s senior leaders and develop relationships with clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services to senior leaders that meet or predict their clients’ future needs
- Plan approaches and pitches, use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately
- Work with the team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Participate in pricing the solution/ service
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Set up meetings between decision makers and company’s senior leaders to maintain and develop relationships
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Work with faculty and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit regular progress reports and ensure data is accurate
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that you will continue to enhance the company’s performance.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and 3-5 years of business/ sector experience, preferably working in an external facing role
- Proven experience in a target-driven sales environment, developing and maintaining client relationships that sustain results
- Fluency in English; multiple language skills is a plus
- Willing to travel when business needs demand.
- An understanding and empathy of the challenges and issues involved in purchasing high value education, often in a foreign country.
Networking, Presence, Persuasion, Influencing, Prospecting, Organized, Positive, Professionally Passionate, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales and Meeting Sales Goals, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Self-motivated and Entrepreneurial Spirit, Professionalism, Market Knowledge, CRM (preferably Salesforce), and Microsoft Office.
Contract: Fixed Term Contract starting 2 January 2017 (up to one year, maternity cover)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Please submit your CV and a covering letter
Ashridge Executive Education is one of three operating divisions of Hult International Business School. Hult is a global institution with campuses in Boston, Dubai, San Francisco, Shanghai and three in or near London. The School's mission is to transform the lives of individuals and organisations by providing an exceptionally valuable and enduring education that brings together people, cultures, and ideas from all around the world.
Become the world’s most relevant business school
Benefits include 25 days’ holiday, meals and refreshments while on duty, free use of the leisure facilities and access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes. It is essential to have your own transport and free parking is available.
Please note that you must have the right to work in EU to be considered for this position.
At the heart of Ashridge Executive Education is the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, a major UK charity incorporated by Act of Parliament that exists to provide global executive education together with appropriate research and to maintain Ashridge House and Gardens for the benefit of the nation. The Ashridge site in Berkhamsted acts as both the hub for this global operation and as a major conference centre.
Back to top