Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager (Temporary-to-Permanent)
EF High School Exchange Year
EF High School Exchange Year (HSEY) is a non-profit high school foreign exchange program affiliated with Education First. We bring students from around the world to live with volunteer host families and enroll in local high schools for either one semester or a full academic year. Our mission is to promote international understanding and global awareness across the US.
Business Development Managers specialize in facilitating program growth by onboarding host families and assisting regional teams in student placement and reaching overall program goals. The position is a temporary position, with the potential to become permanent based on the candidate’s overall job performance. This role is a great introduction to EF and the perfect place to start your career with the company.
- Outreach to interested host family candidates – 80% of this role is spent on the phone
- Onboarding candidates and understanding his/her specific preferences for hosting
- Facilitating connections between candidates and Regional Placement Managers and International Exchange Coordinators
- Follow up on candidate’s successful activation and providing general assistance to candidates during the application and screening process
- Targeting specific areas of assigned region to generate interest in hosting
- Using social media to target interest areas and focus groups
- Matching host families with students based on family’s hosting preferences and interests
- Outreach to current exchange students to promote Discovery Tours and hit program sales goals
- Desire to go above and beyond in providing flawless customer service
- Prior experience with Salesforce and/or Excel preferred, but not required
- High level of professional communication
- Ability to react to difficult situations in a professional, calm manner
- Outgoing, positive team player
- Goal driven
- Positive, high energy, outgoing personality
- Love working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise extreme flexibility
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and perform a variety of deadline-driven projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work shifts and some weekends
About EF Education First:
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top