Business Controller EF Travel
EF Education First is a global leader in international education, with a 50-year mission of opening the world through language learning, educational travel, cultural exchange, and academic study. We help people of all ages and nationalities become better citizens of the world. Though we’re located in 500 offices and schools across 53 countries, we work together as one team to transform people’s lives through memorable educational experiences.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in the EF Travel organization, partnering with business unit’s leadership to:
- Understand the airline industry and the macro economic factors affecting it in order be a key stakeholder when defining strategic goals and plan for the future.
- Be an active member of the management central team providing analysis and insight to leadership discussions and decision making.
- Proactively seek and implement process improvement initiatives in areas of reporting as well as business planning.
- Ensure the right systems and controls are in place to run the business efficiently
- Management: Directly manage a team of 3 Accountants and 2 Financial Analysts, including hiring and performance and career management.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Own the bi-annual budget and forecast process. Working with business VPs and Financial Analysts on methodology and assumptions.
- Financial reporting: Responsible for quarterly and annual management financial reporting, accounting and statutory close and reporting, forecasting development, analysis and commentary on variances, trends in industry and business projections.
- Commercial, legal and financial control: Ensure compliance with EF financial controls; review contracts and be key interface with Legal function to ensure compliance of company’s airline and related contracts
- Business controlling: Budget management and analysis to department Senior Management. Support business VPs to strive for operational efficiencies and development of existing and new technologies.
- Negotiation: Support the development of negotiation strategies and tactics for company negotiations with airline partners.
- 6-8 years of relevant financial accounting and business control, financial planning and forecasting experience with at least 2-3 years of managerial experience
- Passion for travel and interest in the airline industry desired
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Language Skills: Required Fluency in English, and professional working knowledge of German desired
- Solid understanding of forecasting techniques, financial planning and analysis, cross-functional negotiations, financial accounting
- Ability to constantly meet deadlines while ensuring high levels of accuracy
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft office, SQL desired
If you are the right person for the role we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will have an excellent opportunity to launch an international career with EF.
We would like to see your application (cover letter and CV) as soon as possible as we are continuously screening candidates.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top