Business Controller - EF International Operations
EF Education First is a global leader in international education, with over a 50-year mission of opening the world through language learning, educational travel, cultural exchange, and academic study. We help people of all ages and nationalities become better citizens of the world. Though we are located in 500 offices and schools across 53 countries, we work together as one team to transform people’s lives through memorable educational experiences.
The position is based in Luzern/Zurich, Switzerland and reports directly to the VP of Operations and the VP of Finance.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in EF’s international operations organization, and is a strategic finance business partner to the business unit’s VP of Operations to:
· Understand the tourism, travel and services industries and the macro economic factors affecting it in order to be a key stakeholder when defining strategic goals and planning for the future.
· Be an active member of the senior management team providing analysis and insight to leadership discussions and decision-making.
· Own operational and financial control, overseeing budgets and analysis for multiple product lines within one of EF’s largest divisions.
· Proactively seek and implement process improvement initiatives in areas of reporting as well as business planning.
· Ensure the right systems and controls are in place to run the business efficiently
· Budgeting and Forecasting: Responsibility over the operations overhead and direct cost budgets. Manage and coordinate quarterly and annual reviews of operations cost control, proposed investments and other special project initiatives with senior management. Partner with operations management on all major commercial decisions.
· Financial reporting: Responsible for management and financial reporting on a quarterly and annual basis, supporting the statutory close and external audit, owning forecasting, variance analysis, and tracking of industry trends.
· Data Analytics & Technology: Maintain custom database integrity and provide quality analytics to facilitate strategic decision-making. Support development of strategies for new and existing technologies to achieve efficiencies and productivity.
· Contracts & Negotiation: Support the development of negotiation strategies and tactics for negotiations with operations partners. Monitor compliance with EF’s internal controls while ensuring that business priorities and terms and conditions are compliant.
· Own Initiatives & Innovation: Seek new ways of further developing an industry-leading non-hierarchical organization where entrepreneurial spirit and ownership are our lifeblood. Our motto is: ‘’Staying small while growing big’’.
· 5+ years of relevant business control, financial planning and forecasting experience
· Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or other relevant Business or Operations field.
· Language Skills: Required Fluency in English, professional working knowledge of German is desired
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
· Proficiency in Excel is required. SQL, QlikView and Power BI skills are considered a plus
The successful candidate can look forward to international career opportunities in a fast growing, fun and innovative business that stays in the forefront of any challenge it undertakes. We do things differently!
If you are interested inthis position, please submit your application in English along with a CV as soon as possible. Interviews may be conducted continuously.
Back to top