Business Analyst Intern
EF Educational Tours allows educators in North America to incorporate international travel into their lesson plans. Our escorted tours, known as the Global Classroom, bring student groups to experience first-hand the very best historic, cultural and natural sites in the world. You can learn more on www.eftours.com
EF Educational Tours is part of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. We are a multinational group employing over 46.500 staff and teachers with 500 schools and offices in over 53 countries. To date, millions of people have benefited from an EF program.
We are currently looking for a driven and enthusiastic Business Analyst Intern to join our EF System and Analytics team in our European Headquarters in Lucerne, Switzerland, for 8 months starting June 1st 2018.
Main areas of responsibilities
In this position, the successful candidate would work closely with our Systems team in Luzern and Boston, and with different Operations teams across the world.
- Troubleshoot and assist users on daily requests
- Write and qualify support tickets through user stories and acceptance criteria
- Understand the logic and principles behind all systems used by Operations team
- Perform database queries/analysis using Excel at the beginning and later on SQL Server Management Studio, for the purposes of extracting, analyzing and validating data/requests
- Conduct user training on systems and processes
- Suggest business process and systems improvement based on analysis
- Support and work closely with the Business Analyst, Product Owner and the VP of Technology in shaping the future of Systems
For successful candidates, this internship can serve as a step towards a full-time Business Analyst position.
- Newly graduated with a minimum Bachelor’s degree in Economics/Engineering or other IT related field /or 1 to 2 years of experience as a data, systems or business analyst
- Solution oriented, open-minded and data-driven
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven ability in data analysis and customer support
- Advanced competence in MS Excel with exposure to advanced formulas and functions a plus
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server desirable
- Strong communication and social skills, able to work in English (written & verbal)
- To be considered for this role, applicants must be either Swiss citizens, EU-nationals or have the legal right to live and work in Switzerland.
Why work at EF?
We are international. With a global network of offices and schools, EF is able to offer an international career in any part of the world.
We are entrepreneurial. EF has grown into the largest international education company by hiring people who are street smart and “can get things done”. Our entrepreneurial spirit is at the core of what makes working at EF a ton of fun.
We embrace change. Be prepared to join a flexible organization where no day is the same. We believe that change is the key to business success, personal development, and career progression.
EF is an equal opportunity employer and offers a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you!
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter in English.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top