Biology teacher (maternity leave)
EF Academy is part of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. We are a multinational group employing over 43,000 staff and teachers with 500 schools and offices in over 53 countries. EF´s mission has always been to open the world through education and EF Academy takes this mission one step further by preparing high school students for placement at a top-ranked university, as well as a global life beyond. You can learn more on www.ef.com/academy
We seek a biology teacher for a maternity leave beginning February, 2017. EF Academy teachers are exceptional educators who create a stimulating and enriching high school experience for our diverse international student population which represents students from over 75 countries. They embrace EF's vision for preparing students for a future without borders and possess a proven track record of highly effective teaching. They are flexible, creative, knowledgeable, global minded and strive to be unforgettable. Teachers support the personal, social and academic development of students and contribute to extra-curricular clubs, service learning and/or sports programs.
Teacher responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and teach classes following the IB, IGCSE and/or EF/NYS curricula for grades 9-12.
- Differentiate instruction and assessments for individual student needs and support the majority of students whose first language is not English.
- Provide timely feedback to students and utilize a data driven approach to teaching and learning.
- Use a range of technologies and creative teaching styles.
- Maintain up-to-date records of assessments, attendance, planning, syllabus and reports.
- Work cooperatively with subject area teachers planning lessons, sharing resources, and cross grading.
- Attend curriculum planning meetings, faculty meetings and department meetings.
- Keep parents informed about student progress by writing academic progress reports in conjunction with department chair.
- Keep abreast of developments in the curriculum by reading current literature and syllabus updates and participating in professional development opportunities offered by the school.
- Maintain regular office hours and after school help for students.
- Chaperon off campus events throughout the academic year and attend school-wide events.
- Contribute to enhancing boarding school life for our students by supervising a club or coaching a sport.
- Promote positive school relationships, with regular communication to the guidance counselor.
- Be enthusiastic and resourceful in creating meaningful learning experiences for high school students.
- Be a positive and collaborative member of the school community in all interactions with colleagues and students.
Back to top