BI Product Manager
This BI Product Manager is responsible for all our product facing BI requirements, solution design and project execution that will help us understand and enhance the performance of all of our product lines. This includes everything from data capture, reporting and analysis, data driven feature design.
This is a critical position and its success will solidify the foundation of our business across several countries and support our product development strategy in all of our markets. This is an incredibly exciting position for someone who loves leveraging their BI technology background, project management and systems design skills to drive significant business results while working with a fast-paced and notoriously fun group of people. This position promises tremendous growth opportunities within EF across multiple departments, products and geographies for someone who excels in this role.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Gather and consolidate data and reporting requirements and needs from stakeholders.
- Manage the rollout of subsequent versions of all BI related functionality and reports.
- Manage and drive to high quality delivery all projects in the product BI backlog.
- Regularly communicate and update the stakeholders about progress and priorities to garner cross functional team input and alignment.
- Push requirements to product development team for streamlined architecture that best supports ongoing data capture and BI needs upfront.
- Coordinate projects and requirements across multiple stakeholders and teams.
- Be passionate about the business intelligence space. Provide relevant BI functions in support of defined business needs.
- Exceptional analytical skills and logical thinking.
- 5+ Years of demonstrated work experience building BI system functionality and reports.
- 3+ years of project management experience of BI related projects.
- Strong cross-group collaboration and business partnering skills, including excellent interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships across groups and all management levels.
- Drive proactive and strategic value-add solutions by understanding the right technology and infrastructure. Stay at the forefront of industry trends and best practices to apply innovative solutions with high efficiency.
- Must be able to multi-task, identify and prioritize issues, complete tasks on time.
- Ability to influence staff and stakeholders through data and insights.
- Cross-cultural project management or stakeholder management experience preferred.
Qualification and Skills:
- Fluent in English and Chinese required.
- Strong SQL skill is required.
- Experience with Tableau, Qlick , SSRS or other data visualization tools, and statistical programming such as R or SAS.
- Understanding of DW,OLAP, ETL is a plus.
- Strong written and oral skills.
- A BS in computer engineering or computer sciences is preferred.
- Understanding of development life cycle.
- Experience in Agile processes (Scrum, Kanban) is a must (Scrum Master and/or PO certification is a plus) .
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top