BI Product Manager
This position is responsible for BI requirements, solution design and project execution that will help understand and improve the performance of EF business and products.
This is a critical position and its success will solidify the foundation of EF business across several countries and support our product development strategy in all of our markets. This person should be a proactive and thoughtful leader to guide business direction via report and analytics result. This is an incredibly exciting position for someone who produces data products to drive significant business results while working with a fast-paced and notoriously fun group of people. This position promises tremendous growth opportunities within EF across multiple departments, products and geographies for someone who excels in this role.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Strategic thinking and enterprise wise view on BI foot print
- Gather and document reporting requirements from stakeholders.
- Ability to educate and influence executive level stakeholders for business direction and decisions
- Plan and deliver enterprise level project by working with people from different departments
- Regularly communicate and update stakeholders about progress and priorities to garner cross functional team input and alignment.
- Push requirements to feature development team for streamlined architecture that best supports ongoing data capture and BI needs upfront.
- Work with BI Tech team to ensure on time and good quality delivery
- Work with BI Team manager to transform BI team to enterprise information management function and get stakeholder endorsement
- Demonstrated strategic and out of box thinking
- Excellent presentation skills and good at working with ambiguities
- Ability to influence stakeholders with all management levels through data products
- Strong cross-group collaboration and business partnering skills, including excellent interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships
- Persistent and with can-do attitude
- 5+ years of work experience in building BI system functionality and reports.
- 3+ years of project management experience of BI related projects.
Qualification and Skills:
- Strong written and oral skills.
- Experience with SQL is a must
- Experience in Agile processes (Scrum, Kanban) is required
- Fluent in English and Chinese is required
- Experience with Tableau, SSRS or other data visualization tools is required
- Experience in Big data technology is a big plus
- A BS in computer engineering or computer sciences is preferred
- Understanding of development life cycle
- Understand DW, OLAP, ETL is a plus
- Scrum Master or PO certification is a plus
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top