Associate Dean - Undergraduate program
The Associate Dean (Faculty-Facing) is a senior academic post, serving as the deputy to the Dean on a range of functions relating to the operation of the School’s Undergraduate Program in San Francisco. Working closely with the Dean, the post holder:
- Oversees the effective day-to-day operation and administration of all aspects of the Program
- Develops and administers academic quality assurance processes and other academic policies
- Works with faculty to ensure the quality of the teaching and learning environment of the Program
- Assists the Dean in strategic planning for the Program
- Implements and administers policies relating to academic quality assurance, and oversees compliance; assists the Dean in preparing academic documentation for periodic accreditation review
- Develops and plans the execution of the curriculum including assisting the Dean with course scheduling
- Assists the Dean with faculty hiring and provides orientation for new faculty
- Oversees ongoing professional development of faculty and administers faculty annual performance reviews
- Coordinates and supports faculty activities, including student advising, new course proposals and the faculty maintenance of academic records
- Reviews course syllabuses and final grades each semester, and oversees faculty/course evaluations exercises
- Serves as a member of the campus management team, representing faculty issues and concerns
- Serves as a member of faculty-related committees including chairing the undergraduate campus academic integrity committee
- In conjunction with the Dean, oversees and coordinates the Assistant Deans
- Teaches two courses each academic year and serves as Academic Advisor to 30-50 students each year
- Experience in academic or corporate governance
- Solid leadership, organizational, and managerial skills
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively across cultures and with very different stakeholders (including students, staff, and faculty)
- Creativity, flexibility, and entrepreneurial spirit, with a results-driven, hands-on approach
- High level of energy and enthusiasm to work to a high standard under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail, exceptionally well organized, and able to prioritize tasks
- Ability to balance long-term planning with short term objectives
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and use of databases
- A PhD in an appropriate discipline is highly desirable
- Experience in the business environment is desirable but not essential
Application Close Date: Ongoing until position is filled
Position Start Date: January 9, 2017
Hult International Business School is a leading global business school offering a Bachelor degree, full-time and part-time Master degrees, one year accelerated and part-time Executive MBAs, a Doctoral program and Ashridge Executive Education programs.
Hult’s innovative curriculum is taught by inspiring professors who possess real-world business experience. In addition, students gain unrivaled global business perspectives through Hult’s unique Global Campus Rotation - which allows students to study on a combination of Hult’s five campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai and Shanghai, as well as Hult’s rotation centers in New York City and Ashridge. With students representing 140 nationalities, Hult International Business School is a microcosm of the global economy that rewards those who can conduct business that transcends borders.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world.
By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organized in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges to award US degrees. Hult has a strategic alliance with Ashridge, which is a legally separate UK charity and has the power to award UK degrees. Hult and Ashridge present a combined position under a common brand and operate as an integrated educational institution which leverages on the strengths of both.
Hult is an equal opportunity employer. Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, deeply multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we want to hear from you.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top