Associate Creative Director
Associate Creative Director, Design
EF College Break
Cambridge, MA, USA
Our ACD, Design role opportunity puts you at the center of the conception, design and execution of integrated, cross-channel marketing initiatives spanning brand development, web, email, video, mobile and social media. People who thrive here are comfortable working in a creative, flexible, fast-paced and innovative environment. We never stop pushing the boundaries of what we can do and where we want to go.
The ACD, Design opportunity lets you combine your strengths in design, ideation, customer experience development, and management into a unique, rewarding (and oh yeah – fun!) role. You will be a leader in a creative, technology and marketing team that conceptualizes and produces results-driven work at the same time putting Team above Self.
You’ll be counted on to be a multi-channel, awesome design expert, an effective marketing strategist, and an original thinker. You'll also be a mentor and partner to designers and writers whose experience runs from junior to veteran. And excel at managing multiple projects for multiple teams with overlapping deadlines. While juggling bananas.
If you dig designing anything from banner ads to brand guidelines to web sites, if you like to dance with writers (metaphorically or otherwise), if you get all giddy about delighting travelers and creating amazing experiences that make people smile ...then you're our kind of person. If you love coaching and leading others as much as you like rolling up your sleeves and digging in (there will be lots of digging), you're our kind of ACD.
Hopefully you’ve been around the design block a few times, maybe even working at an agency before. Regardless, this person will take great pleasure in making international travel irresistible. We do not merely want you to contribute to all the great things we are already working on. We want you to say, “Hey, I have some ideas.” Besides pitching your fantastic ideas as part of our team, you will be designing web sites, blogs, travel itineraries, emails and whatever else comes along for our trips.
You want to be rewarded for your efforts and know that you’ve made a difference. You’re responsible, outgoing and organized. You’re comfortable speaking up and doing whatever it takes to keep a project on schedule and on budget…and make it great. The idea of a cubicle makes you twitch, which is okay because we don’t like them either and you won’t find a single one at our office.
- Excellent conceptual and design skills.
- 9+ years as a designer, with agency experience a huge plus.
- Ability to provide spot-on strategic direction.
- Passion for getting in the weeds and getting awesome ideas produced
- Strong understanding of direct marketing principles.
- Highly organized, including the ability to adapt gracefully to changing priorities and multiple projects with a high level of accuracy.
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
- A passion (and experience) for mentoring and guiding other creatives.
- Successful experience writing in an Agile development environment is helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
Below are just a few reasons why people love working here:
- Free language classes, taught in-house
- Travel and Language Programs: EF product discounts
- Restaurant and bar right in the building
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fun offsite outings
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year
- Charitable matching
- Competitive benefits package
EF College Break offers international tour opportunities designed to provide young adults ages 18-28 with firsthand exposure to the world’s cultural, historic and natural sites. For more information, visit www.efcollegebreak.com
EF College Break is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF has one global mission: Opening the World Through Education. To date, EF has helped millions of people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit ef.com/careers.
Back to top