Assistant Operations Manager - Brighton Residence
EF Language Travel combines an exciting adventure abroad with an invaluable educational experience for students ages 7 to 18. Language Travel students travel abroad in escorted groups, live with a local host family or in a student residence and improve their language skills during their summer or school holidays. EF organizes everything from start to finish transportation, host family or residential accommodation, a carefully structured language course, cultural excursions and study visits – not to mention a wide range of sports and social activities.
About the role
In this role you will assist in the overall responsibility for the smooth running of the destination and ensure a high level of customer service and student satisfaction. Your key tasks will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Assisting in the overall management of the course town including homestay provisions, activity programme and academic setup
- Assisting the overall management of student welfare
- Responsible for recruitment, retention and training of seasonal staff
- Keeping and analysing statistics
- Overall support for local and international staff
- Management of local Senior Staff team incl. activities manager and academic manager
- Recruitment and organization of accommodation
- Arrival and departure management
- Ensuring provision of high-quality service before and throughout the course
- Liaison with WW sales offices
- Participation in an on-call rota
- Travel to relevant meetings and trainings in the UK and Europe
- Previous management experience
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Complete fluency in English
- Business-minded with a strong sense of customer service
- Enthusiastic, adaptable and a natural leader
- Ability to recruit, train and support a team of temporary staff
- Great attention to detail and a real champion of multi-tasking
- Is highly organized with a flexible approach to the variable nature of the job
The position will be based at EF Brighton and is a full-time fixed term role with permanent opportunities for the right candidate.
Who are we?
At EF Education First, we are travelers, innovators, thinkers and doers. We readily promote an open and collaborative workspace. Our people are our biggest asset, and together we have created a culture of cooperation, project ownership, and impact. As the world leader in international education, with more than 52,000 staff and teachers working in 52 countries around the globe, our mission is simple: Opening the world through education. Since we were founded over 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Don't miss the unique opportunity to join our one-of-a-kind team!
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and character reference checks.
Back to top