Assistant Director of Studies
EF International Language Centre in Brighton is looking to recruit a new Assistant Director of Studies, who will support the DOS in all aspects of the running and management of the busy academic department.
- Deal with student queries, problems and complaints as required
- Assist in the recruitment and induction of new teaching staff.
- Assist in with training and supervision of any additional administrative staff assigned to the academic department.
- Assist with weekly timetabling and day to day running of the office
- Work with DOS to provide teachers with regular continuous professional development in the form of INSETT, workshops, swap-shops and observations.
- Liaise with teachers on a regular basis with regards to class progress, student changes and student issues.
- Responsible for students with special learning requirements, meeting with these students on arrival, ensuring teachers are appropriately informed
- Arrange cover as required.
- Participate in the school emergency on-call rota.
- Deputise for DOS in their absence.
Qualifications and competencies:
- TEFLQ qualified or equivalent (e.g.: Cambridge DELTA)
- Highly organised, with management and team leading experience
- Customer Service minded, with commitment to the highest standards of teaching within our classes
- A strategic thinker and planner, able to prioritise multiple tasks
- Excellent communicator, with ability to build strong internal relationships
- Energetic and resourceful, working to deadlines whilst remaining flexible at all times
- Able to handle difficult situations with ease and to remain calm under pressure
- Able to work on own initiative
Working at EF Brighton is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious staff to improve their skills and develop management techniques and methods through guidance with senior management and regular professional development sessions. Here in EF Brighton we are committed to ensuring our staff are supported from the beginning of their EF journey. There is the potential to springboard a career within the company not only in academic areas but in various avenues within the company. If you have ambition and are looking for a career in the industry, the opportunities are endless.
Please apply with CV and address you cover letter to Rabah Bengherabi - Director of Studies
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top