Assistant Director of Studies
Work with the Director of Studies and other academic staff to ensure the efficient and effective running of the academic department; teach on a part-time basis.
Qualifications and competencies
- DELTA qualified or equivalent, or working towards completion
- Degree qualified
- At least 3 years’ teaching experience
- A flexible approach to work & hours of work undertaken
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Well organised, systematic and thorough
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive and consistently professional
- Problem-solving skills and an ability to work unsupervised and take the initiative
- Knowledge and understanding of international student needs
- Attention to detail and thorough approach to task completion
- Evidence of creativity and innovation
- Deputise for the DOS in her absence
- Recruit, induct, train and develop teaching staff
- Ensure appropriate timetabling of students, teachers, courses and classrooms
- Ensure compliance with the school attendance policy
- Assist students with their enquiries and help solve any problems as required
- Correspond with sales colleagues and deal with incoming calls/queries
- Maintain academic resources
- Ensure implementation of and adherence to all school policies
- Teach approximately eight 80-minute blocks per week, and
- Cover for absent teachers when necessary
- Administer tests and disseminate results and certificates
- Contribute to creativity and innovation within the department
- Attend in-house meetings and EF central meetings as required
- Take the school emergency phone (on a rota with other staff)
Please apply no later than October 28th.
Please be aware that all appointments are subject to two successful reference checks. Reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that you should not be employed to work directly with under 18s. All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment, including proof of identity, right to work and appropriate qualifications.
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
Back to top