Assistant Director of Studies
Work with the Director of Studies and other academic staff to ensure the efficient and effective running of the academic department; teach on a part-time basis.
- Deputise for the DOS in her absence
- Recruit, induct, train and develop teaching staff
- Ensure appropriate timetabling of students, teachers, courses and classrooms
- Ensure compliance with the school attendance policy
- Assist students with their enquiries and help solve any problems as required
- Correspond with sales colleagues and deal with incoming calls/queries
- Maintain academic resources
- Ensure implementation of and adherence to all school policies
- Teach approximately eight 80-minute blocks per week, including welfare lessons and AY lectures, and cover for absent teachers when necessary
- Administer tests and disseminate results and certificates
- Oversee AY projects and presentations
- Contribute to creativity and innovation within the department
- Attend in-house meetings and EF central meetings as required
- Take the school emergency phone (on a rota with other staff)
- Oversee selected administrative processes, as directed by the DOS
- Assist the Director of Studies in other academic matters as requested
- University Degree qualified
- DELTA qualified or equivalent, or working towards completion
- At least 3 years’ teaching experience
- Attention to detail and thorough approach to task completion
- A flexible approach to work & hours of work undertaken
- Team Leadership and experience of staff management
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Well organised, systematic and thorough
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive and consistently professional
- Problem-solving skills and an ability to work unsupervised and take the initiative
- Knowledge and understanding of international student needs
- Evidence of creativity and innovation
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to a Garda check and written and verbal referencing.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top