Assistant Activities Manager
Who You Are
Are you the life of the party?
Do you love hosting events & making sure other people are having fun?
Do enjoy working with people from around the world?
Do you naturally stay organized and on top of details?
If yes, this role could be the one for you. You will guide international students through fun, unforgettable experiences across Madrid. Your mission will be to ensure students have the experience of lifetime and memories that last forever.
As the Assistant Activities Coordinator, you assume responsibility for planning, organizing and delivering the activities program from concept to implementation. This individual provides directs program logistics such as bus transportation, event planning, and payments to suppliers. This is a high-energy role that requires a strong individual who can drive the program and run local activities and provide life-changing experiences to the students.
- Plan, organize and lead a variety of activities, social events, day trips and multi-day excursions included on the activity program.
- Be prepared to work primarily evening and weekend hours – you have a flexible schedule.
- Provide above-and-beyond customer service making sure that students have the time of their life. Your performance will be measured via standardized customer satisfaction surveys.
- Engage all students on your activity regardless of age, nationality or Spanish proficiency.
- Manage finances to ensure activities remain within budget; manage activity stock and supplies.
- Ensure the safety of all participants, carrying a first aid kit and liaising with emergency services personnel/on-call school staff when applicable.
- Arrange for school-wide events such as nightclub parties, student orientations and graduation ceremonies.
- Assist with other administrative duties as assigned (this will include making new student welcome packets, organizing storage areas, covering school reception desk, etc.).
- University graduate plus 1-2 years’ work experience (preferably in sales, customer service, hospitality or events)
- Well organized
- Attention to details
- Amazing energy and enthusiasm – you command an audience and are comfortable leading groups of individuals on your own
- Availability during evening/weekend hours
- Has experience working with young people and/or experience working with international students.
- Reliability – you are extremely dependable and true to your word
- Comfortable working with diverse populations including those with limited to no Spanish skills
- Basic knowledge of Madrid
- CPR/First Aid training not required but a huge plus
- Most importantly, you have a positive attitude, great sense of humor and you are FUN!
- Advanced level of English and Spanish is a must
Please send CV/resume, plus a cover letter describing why your experience, background and passion for travel and education make you the perfect fit for this position.
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top