We are looking for a passionate, driven, talented, selfless Art Director with at least 8 years experience to join (and lead) the Cambridge team for The Studio, the in-house agency for EF Educational Tours.
- Are able to design for both print and digital (and, most likely, beyond). We’re not looking for a unicorn but we are looking for someone with a “whatever it takes” attitude who, if you don’t know it, will jump in and figure it out.
- Always put Team above Self.
- Are both Maker & Manager.
- Can balance the practical with the magical (i.e. you understand when to push for innovation and when it just needs to get done…get done well, sure, but get done nonetheless).
- Have experience (and interest) in managing a staff of creatives.
- Look at every project, no matter its budget or scope, as an opportunity. Prima donnas need not apply.
- Are always questioning why something has to be done a certain way, just because that’s how it’s always been done. You love to challenge the norm but know how, where, and when to give.
- Are a dot-connector and collaborator.
- Are a ridiculously awesome Designer. (This should go without saying, but we’ll say it anyway. We’re looking for someone who can help to raise the bar on creative not only in Toronto and Boston but across the globe for EF.)
- Are the in-house agency for EF Tours. You can check out some of our work at ef.com, and you’ll quickly see that we’re not the stereotypical in-house agency.
- Have a gang of about 40 staff, based in 2 offices (about 35 peeps in Boston, MA and 5 in Toronto, Canada)
- Are writers, designers, UXers (designers, researchers, and analysts), video editors and shooters, producers, photographers, and more. The Toronto team works hand-in-hand with the Boston crew but consists directly of 2 Copywriters (one of which is also a translator), 2 Designers (one of those is this role) and an Integrated Producer.
- Can make anything the business needs and create whatever we can dream up, all in house.
- Are a spirited bunch with an incredibly diverse set of skills—from competitive fencing to professional shoe testing to artisan bag-making to taking care of a fainting goat named Brian. (Really.)
- Are a passionate crew that focuses on making great work and having fun doing it.
- Is the widest range of projects you’ll ever find under 2 roofs. And since we have no external agencies, we get to do it all, from 200 page catalogues to billboards, websites to videos shot in exotic locations, email/display campaigns to backpacks (literally down to the color and placement of every stitch).
- We do everything from the classic (or stereotypical if you insist) in-house work to the crazy-amazing career-making campaigns and everything in between. But no matter what the assignment, we view every project as an opportunity to make something we’re psyched to put in our portfolios and show off to our moms, dads, dogs, cats and/or park pigeons.
The Perks (and this is the abbreviated list)
- Travel and Language Programs: EF product discounts
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fun offsite outings
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year
- Charitable matching
- Competitive benefits package
- RSP matching plan
- Free nicknames (we tend to nickname everyone, which will either send you running towards or, very quickly, away from us)
A tiny bit about EF Education First
The company was founded over 50 years ago on the idea that the best way to learn is to go out into the world and experience it. Over the last several decades, EF has grown to more than 40,000 teachers and staff in 500 schools and offices in over 50 countries.
Big, right? The interesting thing is that we don’t operate that way. It’s the best of a small company approach, atmosphere, and energy with the backing and support of a big one. Got an idea that will change the way we do business? Bring it up, and it can actually get implemented here. That’s pretty cool, and not something you’ll ever find at a traditional agency.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top